The Cards On The Table

He returned to Capi Nido many hours later, when the sun was almost hidden.

When she got out of the tube, she found her friend with his back to her, looking at the city beyond. He seemed to like that view very much. He heard the sound and turned in her direction, she did not ignore how her eyes opened slightly in impression when she saw her or how her lips twisted in the smallest of smiles.

His arms hung on both sides of his body and his fingers flexed, he struggled to stop himself from running towards Her and hold her tightly in her arms. The young men had assured her that she was going to come back, that she should be patient. God, I had tried! And it had been stressful to wait for him to appear, but he had taken advantage of that time to rehearse what he was going to tell him...

Uselessly because when he saw her, all the words were forgotten by his brain.

"I'm sorry," they spoke at the same time, then stopped and let out soft laughs for the coordination of their movements.

That helped relieve the tension between them, and Henry made a gesture, telling her to start by saying what she wanted.

"I'm sorry I escaped like this, I was startled by what you said and I didn't know how to react apart from doing that.

"I understand, I also want to apologize for assuming something that wasn't. Ray spoke to me and explained the misunderstanding to me..." Henry looked down, sorry and embarrassed, scratching the back of his neck distracted. Sorry for putting you in that situation... And for kissing you without your consent...

"Regarding that... there are certain things we should talk about," Charlotte said.

Henry looked up, then nodded and there was another uncomfortable silence until she moved to take a seat in the armchair.

He did the same thing, sitting next to her.

And again she felt the urge to get closer than they were, to pass an arm over her shoulders and attract her to her side, to feel her head against her neck. But he held back, having to put his hands together on his lap to keep them where he should.

"What do we have to talk about?" he asked hesitantly.

He thought it was enough to apologize for having assumed something he wasn't, although in his heart he still felt the same.

When you see her.

"Henry, what you feel..." Charlotte paused to get some fresh air before continuing.

- what you feel is real, that is, there is a great chance that you will really love me, but that before you have amnesia you will hide it from everyone.

"Why would I want to hide something like that?"

Charlotte moistened her lips as she thought about how to answer.

"Well, Ray should have told you that you and I have been best friends when we were little.

"Before his assent, he continued." Maybe you didn't know if I felt the same way and you didn't want to risk ruining our friendship, and that's why you chose not to say anything.

Henry looked at the ground, thinking about what he had just heard. That made a lot of sense. Then he put his eyes on it.

"And you?" Do you feel anything else for me? - he asked in a soft voice, trying not to hear himself very hopeful.

The young woman made a grimace of doubt as she looked down, looking for the words to explain herself.

"I'm not really sure," he replied, raising his eyes to him, a sting of pain assaulted his chest when he saw his expression break when he heard it. I mean, I've always loved you, I don't know if it's about Of friendly affection or something else... - he revealed.