02 - lunch at the cafeteria

Ice Prince | #01

————————— ☆—————————

Lunchtime finally arrived. Wonhee was starving, though she had a quick meeting with the school nurse. After her meeting, she arrived at the cafeteria. Her freinds were already eating, waiting for her seated.

She noticed Sunghoon and his freinds sitting at a table trying to eat peacefully, but a swarm of girls surrounded them blocking her view.

She sighed softly and picked up a tray. Making her way along the ledge to receive her foods.

As she went over to her freinds table, she decided to get a drink. She turned around and reached her hand out to grab an empty cup, filling it up. She was struggling to keep her balance holding her cup of water in one hand and her tray of food in the other.

She could feel the tray wobbling on her hand as she attempted to balance it. Suddenly she tripped on her own feet causing her to go forwards.

She almost fell face forwards onto the floor before she was caught by someone. Her body slammed into the chest of...

She looked up.

It was Sunghoon.

He looked down at her coldly. He wasn't happy that she spilt her glass of water all over his body.
Yet he didn't want to show any reaction.

Wonhee stared at him blankly. She didn't know what was going to happen. Or how he would respond to the situation. At this point everyone in the cafeteria were staring at them.

"Sunghoon I'm so sorry" she quickly said bowing. As soon as she bowed, her lunch slipped off her tray and onto his chest. Staining his school infirm shirt, and slipping slowly down onto his expensive shoes.

She froze. She slowly looked up scared of his reaction. Everyone in the cafeteria gasped. Sunghoon glared at her. Ice shards practically pointing right at her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

Sunghoon put out his hand, implying for her to stop. She stiffened shutting her mouth immediately. She looked down embarrassed. "Move" he said coldly causing her to obediently follow his words.

She stepped aside and felt his body move past her shoulder coldly. He walked away from the cafeteria, eyes all staring at him. She watched his back as he left.

Suddenly, his freind Sim Jake came over to Wonhee picking up her banana milk that fell.

She smiled at him taking the drink from his grasp. "No problem" he replied returning her smile. "Sorry about Sunghoon. The Ice Prince is...as you know," he winked before walking away. Slowly picking up his pace. He called out for Sunghoon, as he followed behind.

Jake was the opposite of Sunghoon. He was warm and was like a ray of sunrise awakening you. He was popular and handsome, just like everyone else in his freind group. Jake was more approachable, yet he still rejected all the girls who asked him out. He always stayed close with his freinds.

Everyone went back to their tables and continued enjoying their lunches. Practically ignoring the situation that just happened to Wonhee.

She made her way to her friends sitting at a table.
"Well that was a sight to see" Jiya joked.

Wonhee covered her face using her hands. She pulled them apart slightly to peek through. Her friends were just giggling.

"Good luck trying to get Sunghoon to fall for you know," Minju said feeling confident that she will win this bet. She picked up a tteokbokki with her chopsticks and placed it on Wonhee's half empty tray of food.

"Here," she said teasingly. "Here's your reward for trying. You deserve it Wonnie."

Wonhee rolled her eyes in annoyance. "It's not over yet Minju. It haven't even begun. Mark my words, he will fall for me. I'll make sure of it."

Minju and Jiya clapped their hands in amusement. Enjoying their freinds confidence. They cheered her on jokingly. Only to each receive a light smack from Wonhee.

"So when are you going to make a move?" Minju asked her smirking. Wonhee pushed her away. "When the time is right. Just you wait Minju. Just you wait..."

Jake helped Sunghoon in the washroom to wipe off the newly devolved stains all over his shirt and washed the splotches of food on his shoes.

"What is wrong with that girl?"
Sunghoon asked clearly irritated as his fighting with the red tteokbokki stains on his shirt.

Jake chuckled watching Sunghoon continuously rub his shirt only making the sauce spread more. "I didn't know it bothered you that much?" He said eyeing Sunghoon carefully.

Sunghoon looked up to face Jake's. He rolled his eyes unamused with his friends behaviour. "I don't care. I don't care about her. I just care that my shirt is now ruined" he pouted.

"Okay here, take off your shirt."

Sunghoon stared at Jake blankly. He used his arms to cover his chest, playfully making it seem as though Jake was a pervert.

"No dude, just take off your shirt and change into this" he said rolling his eyes. He passed a plain white tshirt to Sunghoon. "It's this or tteokbokki. It's your choice. So what's it gonna be?"

————————— ☆—————————

• Authors Note •
Okay so chapter 2... what do we think? Please comment down your thoughts and ideas on the story. It really will help me to improve.

The story will be faster paced than Blossom is, so I hope it becomes exciting very soon.
Thank you for supporting my new story :)