05 - stuck together

Ice Prince | #05

————————— ☆—————————

The students waited patiently on the bus making small conversations with their friends and those around them. As they waited until the bus would finally began its journey to the camp site.

"Attention students" called out Ms Song one of the teacher volunteers for the trip. "We will be leaving shortly, as soon as we finish discussing some matters."

"All right let's gaur" cheered Jake in English expressing his strong Aussie accent.

"I didn't know you were from Australia" Wonhee said impressed as she looked towards Jake. Jake blushed feeling embarrassed, quickly rubbing off her reaction.

"Oh yea I moved there when I was seven. But I'm back now to finish my last years of senior year. How about you though? You don't sound like a native Korean speaker" he pointed out.

"Oh you caught me" she laughed off. "I grew up in the states before moving back here. Seattle, to be more specific."

"Oh really?" Asked Jay sitting beside Jake, raising his eyebrows. Who suddenly became interested in their conversation. "I'm also from Seattle!"

"No way really? Dude that's awesome!"

Jake, Jay and Wonhee continued their conversation and laughed about the many things they had in common with each other. Sunghoon glanced over feeling slightly irritated.

"You can't do this when we're off the bus? How am I supposed to take a nap?" he said coldly avoiding anyone's gaze.

"You literally had the most sleep this morning. If it wasn't for me calling you, you'd still be asleep" pointed out Jake playfully speaking

"What's the point of these trips anyways?" Scoffed Sunghoon. "It's so childish."

"It's to build on our relationships as a class. To get to each other better before graduation next year" smiled Wonhee as she clapped her hands in amusement beside Sunghoon. "Aren't you excited to get to know me better!"

He looked down beside his shoulder and rolled his eyes in annoyance at Wonhee's childish behaviour. "That wouldn't be the only thing childish" he muttered under his breath.

"Excuse me" spoke Ms Song as she approached Sunghoon and Wonhee's seats on the bus. "You two were late and will not be joining us on our grade outing as punishment. You may get off the bus, as you will be working together doing service to make up for your actions."

"Wait what?!"

"No they have to come" complained Jiya trying to convince their teacher that it's not a big deal. Though it was no use.

"That's totally unfair!" Jake protested. Joining in on the discussion against their teacher. "Students are always late for things. Why is it this moment that consequences are suddenly taken into action?"

"Agreed. We hadn't even left campus after 2 minutes of what was supposed to be our leaving time. So technically they're not the only ones late, we all are" Heeseung pointed out.

"If you believe that then you may join them as well Mr Lee. In fact, you all may if this is how you react" she warned. "Or I suggest you shut your mouth before I email your parents. Your friends must face the consequences that they must face" she spoke sternly. Showing eyes that this situation was non negotiable.

"We specifically asked for you to be here for a certain time, and you both failed to do so. As seniors you should take full responsibility and get off the bus."

Sunghoon and Wonhee knew there was no point in arguing. They did as they were told and got off the bus. Apologizing to their friends. They could feel the eyes of their classmates on them as they walked off in embarrassment.

They watched as their whole grade, including their friends drove off to have fun without them. Leaving the two of them confused outside, with the supervision of the school principal.

"This is so unfair" pouted Wonhee. Crossing her arms over her chest and stomping her food aggressively against the pavement.

Sunghoon couldn't help but slightly laugh at her actions. He pretended to cough to hide is reaction. Though it didn't go unnoticed.

"What's so funny? You think getting kicked off the bus from the only fun experience we will get this year is funny?"

"No that's not it" he said trying to restrain himself from laughing any further. She stomped her food again in annoyance. She has never seen him laugh like this before. But she was clueless as to why now out of all times he laughed.

"Then what is it?"

The principal walked up to them before they he could answer. Urging them to follow him behind into his office, where they sat down togther on chairs at his desk.

"So, you both know why you're here" he began placing his hands together on his table. "As punishment you will spend the entire of the weekend doing work. First off, you two will sort out the trash behind the school. I know I can count on you both to do a good job."

Wonhee and Sunghoon sighed. Irritation clearly visible on both their faces.

"Mr Kang, sir, with all due respect. We were only late by ten minutes and the bus still hadn't left. So why are we being punished when students have always been late in the past for things?" Sunghoon asked.

"I trust you'll find the garbages in the back yourself. You are now excused" he said ignoring Sunghoon's comment.

Sunghoon rolled his eyes and got up from his chair. Followed by Wonhee who bowed down to the teacher in a sign of respect. Mr Kang smirked as he reached out for his phone on the desk.

"It has been done, sir"

————————— ☆—————————

• Authors Note •
I hope this story is not boring. It will be a short one so expect to see things move faster.
Please support and share Ice Prince :)