the little mermaid

Alana was sitting in bed, not her own, but Rafe's. Her head was leaned comfortably against his chest while 'the little mermaid' played on his extravagant Tv, the sound of the song 'IT GIRL' being heard faintly from Sarah's room.

"Oh shit, B." Rafe mumbled, looking down at the red stain on the blanket. "Damn." Lana whispered, practically leaping out of his bed and running towards the bathroom.

"What the hell, what the hell, what the hell, what the hell.." Alana muttered, stripping off her underwear and literally screaming.

•time jump•

"I'm afraid to say that you've suffered chronic hematoma, fortunately neither of you suffered and major injuries, thanks to both of your quick thinking." The man, who Lana now recognised as the doctor, spoke quickly, gesturing to Rafe as his last paragraph spilled out. "The hell?" Rafe spat, making clear that he didn't understand the doctors words. "It's when blood pools the chorion, which is a membrane surrounding the embryo and the uterine wall. It's the most common cause of first trimester bleeding." The doctor explained, Alana, not hearing any of his words and instead focusing on the look on Rafe's face.

"Fir— first trimester what do you mean?" Rafe asked, a nervous chuckle covering his words. "Rafe." Lana whispered, trying to get the man to stand down. "Chronic hematoma can be one of the most common causes of bleeding in the first trimester of a pregnancy." He explained, rubbing a stressed finger over his furrowed brows.

"Thank you, sir." Lana spoke, wincing when her attempt to stand up failed miserably and her hand ended up snaked around her stomach. "You'll be on bed rest for a while. We want to monitor you, considering the fact that you're relatively young." The doctor said, before making his way out of the room.

"Alana.." Rafe breathed, the look in his eyes tighting the arm on her stomach. "B, just.." he paused, "just tell me that that isnt my child." He whispered.

"No, it's not." Lana whispered, shaking her head while tears threatened her eyes. "Why didn't you tell me?" Rafe muttered, not making eye contact with the girl.

"Im scared Rafe." She admitted, for the first time aloud. "I mean—" she paused to sit up gently. "You've met children, right? Held them at family gatherings and stuff but I haven't. I've never met a child below the age of two in my life." She ranted, finally speaking louder than a whisper. "B—" Rafe began, kneeling down so that they were on eye level and gently taking one of her hands in his own.

"You're my best friend, if nothing else and I'm worried for your future." He paused and took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment. "It's— I'm going to assume that it's JJ's baby and, B, I know that kid, alright? Like— he barely feeds himself you think he can support a child?" He sighed.

"Then what do you want me to do, Rafe?" Alana whisper-yelled. "Give me one, singular suggestion!" She raised her voice, which remained scratchy and tired.

"Say that it's mine."

A/N

Short chapter, I was on vacation so that's why my uploading has been a bit lazy past week.

But I'm working on a much longer one so buckle up !