9. Gaye Jaa

As Prerna sat at the dining table, her thoughts weighed heavy with the events of the evening, she could sense the tension lingering in the air. The half-hearted dinner with Neelamma and Muskan only served to highlight the unresolved emotions that simmered beneath the surface.

As the evening wore on, Neelamma and Muskan bid their farewells, leaving Prerna alone in the quiet house, the echoes of their departure hanging heavy in the air. Neelamma's parting words lingered in Prerna's mind, a gentle reminder of the need to have a heartfelt conversation with Rishav before approaching Nayan.

With a heavy sigh, Prerna rose from her seat, determined to confront the silence that loomed over their household. She made her way to their shared bedroom, finding him lost in thought as he stared out of the window, the creases of worry etched on his brow.

"Rishav Ji, are you okay?"
Prerna asked softly, her heart aching at the sight of his distant expression.

Rishav turned to face Prerna, his eyes weary and distant.

"I'm fine, Prerna Ji. Just tired, I suppose,"
he murmured, his voice laced with a hint of resignation.

Prerna placed a hand on his shoulder, her touch offering a silent comfort.
"Rishav Ji, we need to talk. Nayan's outburst today has shaken us all. We need to address the underlying issues before they fester."

Rishav nodded, the weight of responsibility heavy on his shoulders as he struggled to find the words to express his own inner turmoil.
"I know, Ji. I just don't know where to begin. I feel like I've failed as a father. I promised you that I will never let Nayan feel any less loved like she would have been had she been conceived in normal circumstances and in a normal family... But see... I am sorry Prerna Ji."

Prerna's heart ached at his words, the depth of his pain reflected in his eyes.
"Rishav Ji, you are a wonderful father. You kept your promise for the past four years and you still are. All we need to do right now is to support each other through this."

With a shared resolve, Prerna and Rishav made a silent pact to face their challenges together, united in their love for their family and their determination to mend the fractures that had surfaced.

♪♪♪

Sooraj tera gardish mein hai
Dhalte huaa keh gaya
Phir laut ke aaunga main
Nazdeek hi hai subah

As Prerna sat by Rishav's bedside, she watched him with a mixture of love and concern. His exhaustion was palpable, the weight of the day's events evident in the lines etched on his face. She gently brushed a strand of hair away from his forehead, her touch light and tender.

"Rishav Ji, you need to rest,"
Prerna whispered softly, her voice filled with warmth and affection.

"You can't keep pushing yourself like this. Please, try to eat something."
Rishav shook his head weakly, his gaze tired but resolute.

"I'm not hungry, Ji. I just need some time to process everything that's happened today."
Prerna's heart clenched with worry, but she understood his need for space and time to reflect.

Gaaye jaa
Gaaye jaa
Gham mein hai sargam
Gunguna ye dhun
Gaaye jaa..
Gaaye ja, gaaye ja
Raat ke dhaagon se savera bun
Gaaye ja..