Chapter 10 | Bad Time at the Lake :(

When he woke up, it felt familiar. His brain was pounding into his skull, his thoughts were half-formed, and the putrid smell of mold crinkled his nose. Tooth and Harry loomed over him like a couple of mistakes, and Leeroy tried to move his arms, but of course, the shark-tiger duo had tied them tightly to the movie-style chair.

It's only mildly surprising that Leeroy found himself in this exact situation twice in one week.

As his hearing slowly came back, the sound of rushing water filled his ears. He turned his head just a bit to get a clear view of the sewer river that was just behind him. Suddenly, the smell got a lot worse than just an unpleasant touch of mold.

"I really thought I would have been dead by now," Leeroy said. A few of his loose teeth fell from his mouth as he spoke, and he spit out chipped bits and lost fangs that Harry had roughed up. Harry took the lead as Tooth watched with a bandage over his shoulder.

"Don't worry, we'll get to that," Harry smiled, showing off rows and rows of gross, creepy teeth. His breath was awful, like he had been eating nothing but rotten meat. That reminded Leeroy of something. He huffed a bit of his own, awful fish-scented breath right at the tiger's face, making the villain tense up and frown intensely.

"Gah, what's wrong with you?" Harry exclaimed, waving the residual stench away from his face. "You're so stupidly childish yet managed to kill the entire cartel."

"Not my fault you guys are so addicted to TV," Leeroy retaliated, getting met by yet another punch in the face. The force knocked the chair back, but Harry grabbed onto it before it fell into the river of demonic piss and poop.

"You don't deserve to talk. Unfortunately, there's no way for us to meaningfully kill you, so we need to teach you a lesson about who you're messing with before we finally finish you off," Harry hissed, his eyes narrowed. He snapped and Tooth approached him with a dirty old handbag.

Digging around inside for a bit, Harry pulled out the jaws of life. He snapped them dangerously close to Leeroy's face before snapping both antennae off with a single swift chop. It didn't hurt at first, but then the phantom pain started kicking it. Leeroy moved his head around like crazy, trying to get the pain to go away. It was a sharp, persistent stinging mixed with the feeling of shocked nerves desperately trying to find something that is no longer there.

Harry grabbed onto his face, nearly crushing his jaw with his big, meaty hands.

"You're so ugly, too," he snickered. He swiped his other had at the little nubs that poked out of Leeroy's hair, grabbing onto one and digging underneath it with his sharp claws. He ripped it out, taking some hair with it. Now Leeroy could feel the warm, thick sensation of blood running down his face.

The sensation made his eyes lose focus and his head spun in circles. He wanted to throw up. Involuntary tears began welling up from the sheer amount of discomfort he was in, and they began to fall when Tooth did the same to what was left of the other antennae.

They don't know I'm secretly a supercomputer, Leeroy thought to himself. It was so random and weird that it startled himself and he chuckled. God, it was SO FUNNY, he nearly burst out laughing.

"See what I mean? Something fucking terrible is wrong with you. Why in the hell are you laughing at a time like this?" Harry snickered. Tooth did something and slapped Leeroy so hard across the face that the chair spun around. Now Leeroy was facing the rushing sewer water, little droplets splashing onto his face every second or so. So gross.

"Where did you find this shirt? It's all torn up. And what's with this makeshift slutty back? Are you a girl?" Harry said, touching the exposed part of Leeroy's back with his icy claws. Leeroy's back arched and his nose buzzed like crazy. Harry chuckled, gently moving his fingers to the base of one of Leeroy's fluttering wings, forcing it to stop.

"Have you learned your lesson yet?" Harry asked, pulling his face closer to Leeroy's. He tugged on the wing, lightly ripping it. "Remember this when you come back. Don't you DARE even THINK about returning to that sad little shack you call home. Don't even think about finding your little friend, Tajin, either. Cartel business."

With that, Harry finished ripping off Leeroy's wing and kicked the chair off the edge that it was sitting on. It fell for a second before it hit the disgusting water surface. The weight of the chair and the surprising density of that stupid exoskeleton stuff quickly dragged Leeroy to the bottom of the shit sea.

His senses were overloaded, his head was pounding, wounds were stinging with how quickly they were getting infected, but Leeroy tried to feel his way to untying himself anyway.

Unfortunately, he had failed to realize that these guys were experts at trying knots, and the slippery substance of the water made it impossible for him to get a grip on anything.

So, he thrashed around like a fish, even though it did him no good. Before long, the demon waste and water flooded his every sense, and he drowned.