Chapter 11 | New Information

"Hell YES!!!" Tick yelled, throwing both arms into the air and punching the sky. Voxito, though it had no real emotions, applauded and smiled.

"Congrats! You've defeated me!" The AI-generated voice put in as much effort into sounding human as it could, which made it sound just a touch more energetic than Mark Zuckerberg. Tick pulled the phone closer to her face and aggressively smiled. Voxito made eye contact with her nose and pulled on its bowtie.

"Would you like to play again?" it offered, pulling up another screen that displayed the difficulties. Tick had been playing on the lowest level for nearly 3 days straight. Her brain felt like electrified mashed potatoes, but it was worth it.

She looked at the screen, scrolling through it with a curly claw, before laughing. "No, I do NOT want to play again. Until we meet again, little Vox man," she said, shutting down the app and dropping her phone into the pocket of her ripped sweatpants. She ripped up a piece of paper from the trash hoard she called a bed and blew on it, catching the thing on fire.

No better way to celebrate a victory than with a little arson, amiright? She watched the flames devour the shred of trash, the fire reflecting in her dark eyes. After the fire went out, Tick climbed up the side of the house wall and stared into the bedroom window.

They should have been back home by now. Unless...

Oh no...

They probably decided that they really did love each other after all this time (it's been a week) and decided to stay at some cheap love hotel on the other side of town instead of coming home. How could they?

She moped around in her own delusional fantasy when voices started coming closer from the other side of the house. They got closer, talking about something or other, then Tick really got a grip on what they were saying.

"Now that that stupid fly is out of the picture and we've got the boss's son, this entire neighborhood is ours," a squeaky, rough voice declared. "I can already see what the boss is gonna do with all this land..."

Tick stopped listening to him explain over the plans. Leeroy was out of the picture? What on earth did these ancient losers do with Leeroy? She really needed him. And, more importantly, they planned on destroying the neighborhood! The neighborhood that SHE had claimed, FAIR AND SQUARE.

She crawled out from behind the house and counted how many losers she'd have to pound into the dust. If these people thought that messing with a dragon was a good idea, they had another thing coming for them.

Nevermind, there were six of them. And they all had guns.

She retreated into the house that Tajin and Leeroy would likely never return to, and easily found her way to their bedroom. She couldn't let all of Leeroy's hard work go to waste, plus she wanted to learn all his coding secrets. Grabbing the laptop, she began to leave the house when a mouse, whose looks betrayed him, stopped her dead in her tracks.

"Hey, sir, get the hell out of here," he said, Tick recognizing him as the voice from earlier.

"Who are you calling 'SIR'?" she demanded, her voice shaky. Her heart thumped louder in her chest, and she began losing grip on the laptop because of how sweaty her palms were. "I'm 300 times more beautiful than any woman unlucky enough to date you." She timidly struck a pose.

The mouse, who you may remember as being Senor Castaneda's henchman, grimaced and looked her up and down. "You? You're pathetic. I won't even go into detail about how ugly you are. It's obvious that you're terrified and won't do anything. I won't tell you again, sir," he snickered, emphasizing the title. "Take your 50 gigabytes of porn and get out of here before we kill you."