Chapter One

Takemichi's Pov

After what happened last night, I hope that they won't find me. I got a letter from the person who has been threatening me for the last four years. I ran from Tevyat four years ago and left Alhaitham for his and our friends safety. I'm walking with Chifuyu and Baji. "Partner, you have been lost in thought for the last hour. Would you like to talk about it?" Chifuyu says. I shake my head, not ready to burden them with my troubles. As we head to go see the rest of the gang, I see a figure of Nahida, my archon. I tell Chifuyu and Baji that I have something to do and won't be able to go with them. I run back to my apartment, then shut my door and make my way to my room to see Nahida sitting on my bed. " We need to talk, Kaveh." Nahida says to me, "Lesser Lord Kusanali, I can't go back to Sumeru with you, Nahida. I received a letter this morning." I spoke calmly. Nahida's expression softens as she listens to my explanation. "I understand, Kaveh. But there are things you need to know about the situation in Sumeru," she replies gently. "Before you explain the situation in Sumeru, did Alhaitham move on from me?" I asked Nahida. Nahida nods solemnly and says, "Yes, Alhaitham has moved on. But there are still important matters we need to discuss about your role in Sumeru." I take a deep breath, then say, "Good that Alhaitham moved on; that is all I need to know. My role in Sumeru no longer matters. As long as Alhaitham is safe and has moved on from me, that is all I care about." Nahida looks at me with concern and says, "Your role in Sumeru may be more important than you realize. It directly impacts Alhaitham's safety and well-being." I feel a sense of responsibility wash over me as I realize the gravity of the situation in Sumeru. "What do you mean that it affects Alhaitham's safety and well-being?" I ask with concern seeping through my voice. Nahida responds, "I asked Cyno to do a background check on her, and she has threatened multiple people who are close to a person she is in love with. She was the one who kept sending the threatening letters to you." I sighed, then said, "Excuse me, but Nahida, I no longer live in Sumeru. I believe that telling me this is pointless; it would be better to tell Cyno and Tighnari or even Traveler." Nahida nodded, understanding my point. "You're right," she said. "I will inform Cyno and Tighnari immediately. Thank you for your advice." With that, she quickly left to relay the information to the appropriate individuals. I leave my apartment and head to the Toman meeting.

With Nahida

Nahida's Pov

After talking with Kaveh, he said that whatever happens in Sumeru, it is pointless to tell him about it. I just walked up to Tighnari's house and knocked on the door. A few moments later, Cyno opens the door and lets me in. " Lesser Lord Kusanali, is something wrong?" Tighnari asks me. " Is this about the background check I did two months ago?" Cyno asks. " Yes, but I also spoke with Kaveh, and he won't help us because he believes that his role in Sumeru no longer matters. He also believes that telling you two, or the traveler, would be better." I explained. " Nahida, I mean, no disrespect, but you talked to Kaveh, whom we couldn't find for four years?" Cyno asks. "Yes, but it took me three years to track. But I will give you two, plus Hat Guy, to go convince him to come home." I explain. "Nahida, that's a risky move. What if he refuses?" Cyno questions. "You'll have to cross that bridge when you come to it," I respond confidently. "Nahida, I trust your judgment. We will do our best to bring Kaveh back," Cyno said with determination. "Thank you, Cyno. I believe in your abilities to handle the situation," I replied gratefully. I left Tighnari's house and went to find Scara. Twenty minutes later, I found Scara in my sanctuary. "Scara, I need you to go with General Mahamatra and Tighnari to go get Kaveh the light of Kshahrewar." I asked Scara. " Is there a particular reason why you want me to do that?" He asks. "I trust your skills and intuition, Scara. I believe you will be a valuable asset in this mission," I explained. Scara nodded in understanding and began preparing for the journey ahead. " Okay, but did the light of Kshahrewar disappear four years ago?" Scara asks me, confused. " Yes, he did, but I found him three years ago. Also, the reason he left was that he was being threatened by the girlfriend of the grand acting sage. Alhaitham doesn't know about his girlfriend threatening Kaveh because Kaveh left for his safety. We need Kaveh so we can expose this woman." I explained this to Scara. " I understand. When do we leave?" Scara asks. "You leave at dawn tomorrow," I replied, relieved that Scara was on board with the plan. With a determined look in his eyes, he began gathering supplies for his journey to find Kaveh and uncover the truth behind his disappearance.