twelve. journey back

☆─────────── ⋆⋅ ⍟ ⋅⋆ ───────────☆

{twelve. journey back}

☆─────────── ⋆⋅ ⍟ ⋅⋆ ───────────☆

"Steven!" Tony calls from across the hall, his room only a few doors down from Steve's.

"WHAT?" His yell is muffled from behind his closed door.

"DO YOU BY ANY CHANCE KNOW WHAT YOU  WERE DOING ON JULY TENTH NINETEEN FORTY FOUR?"

Steve opens his door and walks to Tony's room, on the way buttoning up his shirt after his post workout shower.

"What's up?" Steve pushes open Tony's door and spots him fixing up his appearance in the mirror.

"Ever heard of knocking?" Tony cocks his head to the door while fixing the cufflinks on his jacket.

"Why do you look like your father?" Steve crosses his arms over his chest.

"Because... Bruce and I have a date in the forties."

Steve's breath hitches and his eyes go wide.

"N- now? Like right now?"

"Yes idiot." He turns away from the mirror to face Steve. "Right now."

Steve takes a deep breath.

"Well," Tony turns back to the mirror and adjusts his collar. "We need to know where you were in July because our best guess is that Natasha got a job with the SSR and is following you around."

"Why do you think she's following me?"

Tony slows his movements. "Erm.. because..."

"Because you're someone familiar." Bruce chimes in from the bathroom.

"Bingo." Tony points in his direction and finishes fixing his outfit. "So, where were you?"

"Yeah sure let me just pull exactly where I was at this exact hour on July tenth nineteen forty four." Steve rolls his eyes and leans against Tony's wall.

"Yes, please do." Tony turns to face him, finally finished with his look.

Steve covers his eyes with his left hand, in attempt to remember.

"Italy."

Tony perks up.

"I think we were still in Italy. I was probably officially Captain at that point because I'm pretty sure I set out on my mission to save Bucky on the eighth."

"Any more specific details other than just the country?"

Steve's mouth presses into a straight line. "I can't remember."

"Well, it's not like Italy is a small country or anything." He sarcastically remarks and rolls his eyes.

"Tony, it shouldn't be too difficult to find them."

Bruce exits the bathroom pulling down his jacket. He is wearing another set that looks like it's come straight from the forties.

"Well, shall we?"

Tony leads everyone out of his room and down a flight of stairs to the lab they've been at every day since Natasha disappeared.