Broken Noses

Floyd had been fortunate to encounter such kindness since his arrival. From Barb's welcoming attitude to Thrash's... unique charm, Riff's chaotic camaraderie, Carol's enthusiastic presence, Demo's polished demeanor, Val's fearless spirit, and even that peculiar fish-like vendor who mysteriously showed up once a month - everyone had extended a hand of friendship. Even Rebel, who had her reservations initially, had warmed up in her own way. It was a motley crew of rockers and misfits that Floyd had somehow found a place among.

However, unbeknownst to this eclectic group, not everyone in the city was thrilled about the new Pop Troll's presence. There was a discordant note in their harmonious existence, a shadow lurking just out of sight. As they ventured into the market for a day of fun and exploration, little did they know that their pleasant outing was about to hit a sour note.

Their ignorance wasn't their fault; how could they have known? The city was a big place, filled with all sorts of characters, and they had been lucky enough to mostly encounter the friendly ones. But luck, like the weather in a rock ballad, can change swiftly and without warning.

So, as they laughed and bantered, making their way through the bustling market, a storm was brewing on the horizon. They were yet to realize that their day, which had started with such promise, was destined to end on a discordant chord.

 They were yet to realize that their day, which had started with such promise, was destined to end on a discordant chord

Rebel scrutinized the shopping list, her eyes narrowing as she tried to decipher the scrawled items. They stood at the entrance of the market, a replacement for the one previously charred courtesy of Riff's antics. "You know, we'll probably save time if we tackle this list in separate teams," Rebel proposed, glancing up from the list to the others. "Everyone okay with splitting up?" she inquired, gauging the group's reaction.

Carol was absentmindedly spinning a drumstick between her fingers, lost in thought as she hummed a tune only she could hear. Barb was fiddling with a small, intricately designed pendant hanging around her neck, her eyes occasionally darting around the market's entrance, taking in the hustle and bustle. Riff, with his ever-present energy, was tapping his foot rapidly on the ground, a beat forming in his mind as he surveyed the surroundings with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Floyd, meanwhile, was adjusting his hat, a slight look of apprehension on his face as he observed the lively market, still somewhat new to the chaos of the Rock Trolls' world.

At Rebel's suggestion to split up, each paused their individual preoccupations, their attention turning towards her to respond.

Carol halted her drumstick's spin, catching it with a practiced grip. "Sure thing," she said with a nod, already scanning the market stalls for musical accessories.

Barb released her pendant, looking determined. "Yeah, splitting up works. I'll take the food section. Quick in, quick out," she stated confidently, her leadership qualities shining through.

Riff ceased his rhythmic foot-tapping, a grin spreading across his face. "Sounds like a plan! I'll head towards the fireworks and...stuff," he declared, barely containing his excitement at the prospect of exploring.