02. invisible string

one single thread of

gold

tied me to you

- invisible string, ts

____________________________________________________________

maddie

KYRA AND I LAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARSENAL TRAINING PITCH. this was one of our many rituals, when one of us was feeling stressed, we would lay down together, and talk it out.

"so whats going on maddles, you haven't been yourself since you went to that thing with sam" kyra questions, looking across at me, making me smile with the nickname. ever since me and kyra started playing together at a junior level, maddles had been her nickname for me.

"ok this may sound really stupid" I start on my ramble, "but there was this girl that gave a speech there, and i don't know, there was just something about this girl, but i fully stalked her and she literally lives in the USA so even if i wasn't such a wuss to send a message its not gonna work anyways!"I huff while staring up at the london sky.

"madeline rose catley, that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard you say" kyra deadpans, looking straight at me. "if you like her, just send her the message! and if it doesn't work out ... you'll never have to see her again."

"i guess but -"

"- no buts" kyra starts "just send the message, or i'll send the message for you"

"ok fine! i'll send her a message" i roll my eyes at kyra's celebratory dancing while still lying in the middle of the pitch.

After a while, we both walked inside to the changing room to just see my sister, steph, sitting on her phone.

"I was waiting for you guys to finish your little bestfriend session, but it took a while." steph jokes, while rolling her eyes. All three of us slowly pack up and get ready to go home after a long training, while kyra fills her in, much to my dismay, about my tiny tiny tiny crush on paige bueckers.

little did maddie know, but that exact same conversation was being had in storrs, conneticut, between a certain blonde and her bestfriend.

paige

"i can't do it azzi" i say, while shaking my head at the very annoyed brunette sitting next to me.

"paige, i swear to god, just send her the message, you are driving me insane." azzi snaps back at me. I can't blame her really. After four hours of this i was even getting sick of myself.

"it just has to be the perfect message, i only have one chance i cant mess this up! like what do i even say to a girl this pretty?" i stress, while staring at the instagram dm that i had have opened for way to long now.

"hi, hello, my name is?" azzi deadpans at me, from the otherside of our couch.

"not helpful. at all" i glare back, then go back to nervously staring at the screen.

"just start with hey with like a smiley face" azzi smiles at me, " and if you don't send that message in the next 5 minutes, i will" she glares back at me.

"ok ok ok SENT!"

third person pov

north london - kyra and maddie's apartment

"OH MY GOD" maddie screams from the kitchen, getting stares from both steph on kyra on the couch.

the faint sound of cornelia street could be heard between maddie's screams late in the afternoon in london.

"elaborate please" prompts her older sister, giggling at her younger sister run around like a headless chicken.

"SHE MESSAGED ME!" maddie screams, while plopping herself in between kyra and steph, both of them laughing at the girl.

paige

hey :)

"what do i say oh my gosh this is so crazy!" maddie squeals while staring down at her phone.

"and your sure this was just a small crush?" steph questions, while looking at her lovestruck sister.

"no time for teasing, this is literally a emergency" maddie says, while gesturing back to her phone.

"just message back, mads." kyra prompts,

"but what do i say" maddie stresses and stares at her phone

after countless arguments and multiple pros and cons lists, the trio decided to keep it simple.

"ok we're 100 percent sure that this is how we wanna go?" maddie questions while looking at her sister and bestfriend who both give her encouraging nods.

"ok........sent!" maddie grimaces at her phone before turning it face down on the couch.

maddie

hi :)

CHAR SPEAKS

i actually hate this so much but oh well

also i will probably write a lot more from maddies perspective because i literally know nothing about basketball sooooo

don' t forget to comment vote and add to your libraries!