04. so american

god i'm so boring

and i'm so rude

can't have a conversation

if its not all about

you

so american - or

____________________________________________________________

maddie pov

late october 23 - north london

I WAS ON FACETIME WITH PAIGE WHILE PACKING FOR INTERNATIONAL BREAK. I needed to ask her an important question, and had been putting it off all week.

"paige"

"mhm" she quickly replies, not looking up from her homework

"do you wanna come see my game this week?" i ask, nervously waiting for the answer

"are you joking! of course i will." she happily says to the screen. "where is it though?"

"it's in new york. i know thats a long way but the games on friday and i don't have to leave until sunday so we can spend saturday together?" i question.

"of course i'll come mads. that sounds perfect." she smiles back at me. ever since she heard kyra use that nickname, it stuck.

"i'll make sure to get you the best seats in the house." i joke, while still smilling.

"i would expect nothing less!" paige says, with a subtle smirk that made my stomach do a flip.

"ive gotta go. we've got a preseason bonding thing tonight, but speak tommorrow?" paige asks.

"of course. see you later bueckers." i say while waving at the camera before hanging up.

this was going to be an eventful week.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"SOO, HOWS IT GOING WITH YOU AND A CERTAIN BLONDE" kyra asks me, while we are cooking pasta for dinner.

"i hear you guys talking a lot. i'm starting to think you replaced me and got a new bestfriend." kyra jokes while waiting for my response.

"its really good." i smile at the brunette standing next to me. "she's coming to our game against usa on the weekend."

"no way!" kyra looks at me shocked. "you guys are like on game watching level."

"were just friends ky." i say. we 100% weren't just friends. Just friends don't make my heartbeat faster and make me blush. Just friends don't make me feel how paige makes me feel. and just friends certainly don't subtly flirt the way me and paige do.