Black jacket

"Okay, wheels up," Hotch said, "JJ, Prentiss. You're both staying in Quantico."

JJ nodded, Emily and I both looked up, then looked at each other and back at Aaron.

"Sorry. Maya, you're staying. Emily's coming with us," he clarified.

Emily is my older sister. We were really close, practically attached at the hip since the moment I was born. I mean we are close, there was some ups and downs between us along the way but we're doing good now.

"Why do I have to stay?" I asked.

JJ shot me a quick look but looked away once I noticed.

"Chicago P.D. asked for a profile on a killer they have. You're gonna do it and you'll be consulting on the case over the phone with JJ. Everyone else, you have half an hour," he said.

I sighed and left the room. I went to the kitchen to get my coffee first, no way I'd start working without it. I felt someone standing behind me so I turned around.

"Need something?" I asked.

"Maybe for you to not be such a grump," Emily said.

"Sorry, I haven't had coffee yet. And you know how much I love New York," I whined.

"I do. But you sure this has nothing to do with you having to stay behind with JJ?" She asked with a frown.

"Seriously? Emily, I'm not five," I said.

She had a point though. Jennifer is not my favorite person. Though it wasn't always like that. There was a time when we were friends.

Jennifer and I met in the academy. I was climbing my way up the ladder and was soon to be unit chief of the BAU. I needed her to back me up with the director, a letter of recommendation at least.

Unfortunately all of this was taking place while Emily was "dead". I can't say I was in the best place, thinking my sister was dead but I was handling it. Which JJ didn't seem to agree with me on, so she told the director I wasn't in the right mind for the job.

She was my teammate so they took her word and I didn't get the job. We were never close after that and if it wasn't enough, Emily came back and I found out JJ knew she was alive the whole time.

I get why I wasn't allowed to know, but I don't get why she went and said I wasn't fit for the job if she knew Em would come back. The only reason I can think of is she didn't want me to get chief because she was aiming for the job herself. We can't exactly avoid each other given we're on the same team, but are conversations are strictly work related.

"No, but you can be unforgiving," she said.

"I don't have to like the girl to work with her. Besides it's been a long time, I don't care anymore," I told her.

"Then why aren't you talking to her?" She wanted to know.

"So your nosy ass can have something to obsess and make theories about," I said.

She chuckled, "I am quite nosy, aren't I?"

"Yes you are. Now go, you'll be late," I pushed her out of the kitchen.

"Okay, I'm going, I'm going," she said walking out, "I love you."

"I love you too. Don't die," I said waving.

"Wouldn't be the first time," Garcia said, walking in with JJ.

I chuckled, "Yeah, it'd be nice if we kept the count at one though," I said, going back to making my coffee. Or three of them.

"Woah, little Prentiss. Save some for the rest of us," Penelope said.

"Sorry. It's just gonna be a long day," I said, looking at JJ.