Trust issues

Few days later we had a day off and David invited us all over for a dinner at his place. Emily convinced me to go. And when I say convinced I mean she forced me to go. Threatened me even, so I agreed because you never know when a fool is joking. I love her though. We got in the car and Emily drove us there.

"Please be nice to them," she said.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"You're a grump when you're tired," she said.

"I'm not the one who threatened to change passwords on every streaming platform," I said.

"That's because you don't pay for any of them. Will you be nice?"

"Sure thing, kid," I said.

"Don't call me kid," she said.

"Don't call me baby," I hummed.

"What?"

"Never mind," I said.

We got there, everyone was already there but we were still early. Came as a shock to everyone.

"Yeah, I'm just as surprised as you are," I said, taking a seat.

"You look kinda rough," Spencer told me.

"Gee, thanks," I said.

"No, I just mean that you look tired," he said.

"That's probably because I am," I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Can't sleep?" Derek asked.

"Are you having nightmares?" Garcia asked.

"Are you having ptsd?" Hotch asked.

"I hate it here," I said.

They all laughed. It's not that I don't appreciate the concern, it's just I didn't expect so many questions this early.

"Not nightmares. She just keeps having a dream that wakes her up. But it's not a nightmare," Emily said.

"Thank you for that, Emily," I said sarcastically.

She shrugged and went to help Dave in the kitchen. Everyone was looking at me, waiting to hear about the dream I assume.

"My friend is being held hostage and I'm trying to save her. Every time I'm about to do that I wake up. Always in the same moment, just before getting her out of there," I said.

"Is this about someone in particular?" Pen asked.

"No, I can't see her face. I just know that she's my friend," I said.

"You might be anxious about someone in that situation. You wanna help someone but you can't or you feel guilty about not doing anything to help," Spencer said, "Dream often reflect our subconscious mind."

"Thank you, doctor Reid," I said, "Can't we stop analyzing me now?"

"If you insist," Derek said.

"I made pizza tonight," said Rossi, coming back from the kitchen with Emily.

"I love you," I said.

I was glad Emily made me come. It was a nice evening. And the pizza was out of this world. We were sharing fun stories and laughing almost all the time.

"You guys remember Brad?" JJ asked.

"The real fbi agent?" Penelope asked and I chuckled.

"Oh yeah, what department was he in again?" Emily asked.

"Classified," JJ, Penelope and I said at the same time and we all laughed.

That was pretty much the only interaction I had with JJ that night. We still don't really talk. We either fight, bicker, don't talk at all or she sleeps in my arms. She's not showing any emotions with me yet, nor is she talking about them.