AURADON GIRLS

{01} 𖣔᯾ 𝙹𝚊𝚣𝚣𝚢 ᯾𖣔

All that could be heard through the Auradon Prep dorm room halls at 3am on a lazy Sunday were my screams as I woke from a particularly bad nightmare.

They started occuring lightly, with a hint at my old life on the Isle embedded deep within the dream but that one had been fuelled with memories and hatred that I tried to escape each and every day, but they just refused to leave me alone.

I only slept for an extra hour after that, leaving me exhausted and dishevelled when the school wake-up bell sounded.

It didn't take me long to change into one of the many outfits Evie had made me in the six weeks we'd been here, and even less time to simply use a spell from my necklace to do my makeup and remove the heavy black bags from under my eyes.

Though I knew I looked stunning, I just didn't feel like myself as I stared into the mirror. 

The dress I was wearing was white with a corset top and a heavily layered under skirt that reached my knees, nothing at all like the leather jackets I felt comfortable in.

But my outfit change was my first step in becoming an Auradon girl.

I opened my dorm door and stepped outside, my white heeled boots clicking on the floorboards.

Where Evie was dating the son of a dwarf, and neither of the boys had royal girlfriends, me and Mal felt the pressure to run from our Villain roots.

Shortly after Ben's coronation, a domino effect started where many of the other Kings and Queens began to step down- Jasmine and Aladdin included. Ali was ritualised as Sultan a week after Ben's coronation and now, his people's eyes were on me, the daughter of the one man they didn't trust, and the girlfriend of their King. 

In their eyes, I was dirt under their feet until my place was secured in the United States of Auradon Court. This happened at Cotillion, where me and Mal would become Ladies of said Court.

Cotillion was only a few weeks away and the stress of everything had everyone doing crazy things, like Mal dying her hair a revolting pale blonde.

"Jazzy!" I spun my head around to find the voice until I was met with Evie's eager blue eyes and Jay's skeptical glare.

He had been doing that alot recently, judging my drastic change in character and style with a simple questioning, disapproving glare. 

"I need you and Mal for dress fittings, Mal's already in the dorm." Evie squealed, gripping her red leather gloves around my wrist.

"I'm gonna go grab Carlos for tourney and I'll meet you guys at your dorm later." Jay said with a nod as he strutted past us and off down the corridor.

"Wait, J-"

"Nope, Mal and my sewing machine are waiting!" Evie interrupted, tugging on my arm as she began to drag me down the corridor and into their dorm.

Mal was stood on the raised platform, watching TV in the massive blue and yellow dress Evie had made for her. I couldn't help but smile at the scene as I dropped myself onto Evie's soft blue bedsheets.

Evie wasted no time in hurrying over to Mal and tightening the corset strings on the back of her dress. The movement caused Mal to gasp, "Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe." The fake blonde winced, pouting her sparkly pink lips.

"Well, you can breathe after Cotillion." Evie frowned before a happy sigh left her lips when admiring her work.

I had to admit, the gown was stunning, but it was more 'ideal Auradon princess' than 'Mal'.