JAFAR AND JAZZY

{07} 𖣔᯾ 𝙹𝚊𝚣𝚣𝚢 ᯾𖣔

We had to make a plan when we got back to the hideout, and we eventually settled on a faux wand that Jay and Carlos would return to Auradon to make.

Evie and Mal were going to get smoke bombs from Lady Tremaine's Curl Up and Dye, where Mal had gotten her hair done before turning up at the hideout.

And I was going to go to Dad and ask him for a... favor.

It terrified me, the idea of seeing my Dad after failing him at the coronation- I could just imagine the look on his face of pure hurt.

Ben had promised me I could call him whenever, but when I followed it up with him, he informed me that communication between Auradon and the Isle was just too difficult to pull off without Fairy Godmother.

I tried to understand, but now I had an opportunity to apologise to my Dad that the "King" couldn't give me.

I had to take it.

Jay offered to stay behind on the Isle with me and let Carlos go back on his own, but it worried me what kind of reaction Dad would have to him as well.

In lots of families, siblings argued over who the favourite was, but in ours, even Dad had stated out loud that it was me.

And that knocked Jay, of course it did, but it meant I could trust Dad far more than Jay could.

It's why I was still dedicating who I turned out to be to him, while the other four VKs disregarded their parents- even my brother.

I made my way up the familiar streets, the hood on my leather jacket shadowing my face from people passing by.

Attention made me nervous, and I couldn't afford to be nervous right now.

The apartment looked the same, the same balcony and the same telescope that no-one ever used.

That's when I saw him, his back to me as he polished a plate on the sofa.

"Dad." I managed to say after a while, and his head whipped around to find the owner of the voice: me.

When his eyes met mine, they softened and tears brimmed in them. He rushed up and swooped me into a hug.

"Jazzy... I missed you so much, my little Princess." He sobbed into my hair as he held me tightly.

"I missed you too, Dad." I choked out, tears forming in my own eyes too.

He sniffed, "I can't believe you're here... I thought I'd never see you again- with your life in Auradon and everything."

I giggled softly, "I tried to call you but the King told me it wasn't possible. I'm back because I don't belong there, Dad."

He frowned and placed his hands firmly on my shoulders, "Jazzy Iago Far... you fit in anywhere. Because no matter what country it's in, or what culture it has your heart is too big for anyone to care about any of the cosmetic things."

I sniffled and smiled at my Dad, "Thankyou."

"No problem, kiddo. Anyway, what's up? You want something?" The ex-Agrahbian Sultan said, frowning as he studied my face.

"Dad can I borrow mum's book- the history one?"  I asked with a small smile.

He'd never object to helping me out, but this was mum's favourite possession other than the hourglass necklace.

"What do you need it for?" He asked carefully, raising a dark brown eyebrow.

"I heard someone mention a name today- and I thought I remembered it from the book." I explained and he seemed to understand as he nodded.

He moved towards his shelf of pottery and silver, opening up one of the cupboards with a sign written on it reading 'ابتعد.', which loosely translated to "get away" or "stay away".

I looked around, immediately noticing EQ and Cruella's absence. "What happened to Cruella and EQ?" I asked as my Dad rummaged around in the cabinet.

"Left- about a week ago. Disappointed with Carlos and Evie, I suppose. I was angry at you and Jay, but you know where you belong otherwise you wouldn't be back." His words made her heart sink.

Did she know where she belonged? Was the Isle it?

Auradon was overwhelming, the Isle was underwhelming. It made my head spin. Where on earth would I actually belong?

"Yeah..." I managed to reply with a weak smile as he turned around and handed me a dusty old brown book.

I flipped through the pages of family history and a couple of trees that dated back to the 1700s, and then finally stopped on a page.

"Oh shit."

"Jazzy! Language!" My Dad snapped as he sat himself down on the sofa again, picking up his duster and a silver pan.

"Sorry, Dad.... But damn. Sparrow- I knew I'd heard that name before." I muttered to myself, my eyes still wide as I read over the words.

It was clearly written here, a document of a few acres of land and a ship stolen by pirates on July 3rd, 1727.

My great, great, great, great Aunt migrated from the US in 1728 after her land was stolen. The criminal was never identified until 1730 when he kidnapped the governor's daughter in Port Royal. They charged him with false-identity, murder, being a pirate in general and theft.

He was starved in prison for five weeks before the wall blew out during an explosion and he escaped.

No-one had heard from him until his great, great grandson, Johnathan Sparrow ship-wrecked on Captain Hook's shore in Neverland.

It hadn't occurred to me that like the rest of us he would've been sent to the Isle. And it definitely hadn't occurred to me that he would start a normal life.

When Shrimpy mentioned Sparrow, she was referring to Captain Lizzie Sparrow, Johnathan Sparrow's daughter and Captain of the White Ruby.

It made sense, a Captain tag-teaming with another Captain in search for revenge. I did the same, clung onto the VKs to get me closer to the wand.

But what Uma didn't realise, was that she can bring in all the back-up she wants, there's still not even a slight chance we'd let her tear down the barrier.

And she had no idea what we were planning.

The next quarter of an hour, I sat with my Dad, polishing plates and laughing until I knew I had to head back to the hideout.

It brought warmth to me seeing him again. I just wished it had been under better circumstances.