7: Our first kiss

"Oh, hey Rumi!" Nya caught her attention, "You finished washing dishes with Cole?"

"Yeah, I did, just now," Harumi replied, slumping herself on the sofa.

"I was thinking," Nya started, taking a seat next to her, "if you wanted to come to the city with me, Pixal and Skylor to do a little girls shopping and maybe even buy our dresses for-" Nya noticed Harumi, looking down and twisting the tracker on her wrist. "I'm sorry, I... forgot about that," Nya put a hand on the girl.

"It's alright, you three go, I... don't mind."

"Do you think Lloyd's power can break off the band?"

"I remember the commissioner saying it was impervious to elemental power, but I don't know if he was lying or not. Plus, I get checkups, and if he sees the band broken, I don't think that will go down well."

"Does Lloyd know how to disable it? It looks like there's a contraption here which can be extended and contracted to take out off and on."

"Hey Rumi, are you alright, does your arm hurt or something?" Lloyd noticed as he walked past.

"Lloyd! Perfect timing," Nya called out to him, "Do you know how to take off Rumi's tracker? Only for a little while, we want to go into the city."

"Into the city, Rumi? What are you thinking? If anyone at all catches you there, or even cameras, you'll be sent back to Kryptarium," Lloyd raised his voice.

"I-I'm sorry, Lloyd, I... forgot," she stammered in fear. "Nya, you guys just go, and you can take my card from the Royal Palace, spend as you want," she dug her hands into her pockets to find the card. "I hope you guys find some nice dresses," Harumi put her hand on Nya's shoulder before walking off.

"Nice going, Green Ninja. You didn't have to be so harsh on her," Nya said, putting the card in her pocket.

"I didn't mean to- I wanted- I just meant that- Because I didn't want her to-," Lloyd stuttered. "I'm sorry, Nya," he sighed.

"It's fine, Lloyd, but don't apologise to me, apologise to your girlfriend maybe," Nya suggested, going to the secret base, where Pixal was.

Why do I always keep doing this? First it was bathing Lu and now this!

Lloyd thought about Nya's words for a moment and decided to go and make things right. He noticed Harumi was more sensitive than she used to be, maybe there's something on her mind. He went over to her bedroom and saw that her shoji was closed for once. Sliding it open just enough to see through, he couldn't see her in sight.

"Hey, Rumi," he called out, knocking on the door, "Can I come in?"

Lloyd heard no reply from her, "Rumi?" he slid the door open. "Oh your sleeping," he sighed in relief.

He sat on side of her bed and gently took her hand. Prying open the tracker, he slid it off her hand and placed it on the bedside table. "I guess I'll talk to you later," he whispered, kissing her cheek.

Lloyd saw the girl's cheeks turn a deep pink, as the edge of her lips extended upwards.

"Y-You're awake?" his eyes widened.

Harumi opened her eyes, and sat up straight. "I just didn't want to talk to you right now and I knew you'd come so I pretended to sleep.

"You blushing gave it away," he smirked.

She pouted her bottom lip, "Why'd you take off the band if I can't leave anyways?"

"I felt bad, plus I don't think I've been the nicest to you lately," Lloyd rubbed the back of his neck.