𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ♫

" 𝐈 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫. "

You're sitting at your desk. Well your shared one that is, it's been three months since you've decided to become a teacher and the road is as rocky as you predicted it to be. The last few months have met you with conflicts between students, horse play, bullying, and more crap you didn't want to deal with.

You're typing another email addressed to a parent regarding their child's behavior, you sigh while hitting send. Parents usually didn't look at their emails, and even if they did and seen your complaint. Nothing would change in the classroom, you've learned to come to terms with it. Since the last time you berated a parent for their child's behavior, and ended up with a strike from the district.

Closing your laptop, you stood up stretching. It was your lunch break, your free period where no students or anyone would bother you. You were relieved for that, relieved for it a lot. The following morning you had to separate a fight that was happening right under your nose in the back of the classroom. As well as de-escalate a situation between two students when they had resorted to violence.

You soon figured why there were so many open positions in the school and so little teachers.

Quietly, you walked through the halls. Your feet pounding rhythmically on the floor, walking with a purpose and authority as you held your hands behind your back. Your gaze fixated on the teachers lounge just ahead of you. There you could get your lunch, and retreat back to the class room.

Pushing open the doors, you were met with two other faces. Miss. Circle, and Miss. Bloomie. They turned to you when you entered which you responded to with a wave and a smile. You were hunched over the fridge, tapping your chin as you shuffled through it looking for your lunch. After a minute or two of struggling you pulled out your lunch bag, it was dark in color and was a rectangular shape.

You held it in one hand and grabbed a bottle of water. Shutting the fridge and snapping open the lid as you made your way back. Waving goodbye to your two colleagues. Oh but unlucky you, a class seemed to be taking a restroom break, the restroom right next to your class. You grumbled as you recognized a few familiar faces.

Zip, which was the loudest and most disruptive in the practically empty hallway was the first to catch your attention. She wasn't the brightest in the bunch, and was an absolute dunce if it weren't for the fact her best friend Oliver let her copy off his papers, it didn't do much for her in your class though.

Of course, standing next to her and encouraging whatever negative action she was planning to do was Oliver. You never really had problems with him, he was studious and obedient. Though other students seemed to not enjoy his presence, or particularly like him. But despite that fact, all the girls still seem to like him, or have a crush on him. You've seen it firsthand how he turns down confessions. His excuse being his very elusive and mysterious girlfriend no one has survived to see. What a load of shit.

The last student you managed to take a glance at was Claire. She was a silent, soft spoken girl. You enjoyed her presence in class since she was a hard working individual. Even if her hard work didn't pay off, you knew that she tried.

You pushed open the heavy door leading back into the music room. You've gotten accustomed to the weight of the door, and after a quick briefing from your now coworker and or colleague. You found the reason as to why it was that heavy.

Speaking of your colleague, you hadn't seen him almost all day. You'd seen him in the morning as he unpacked his things and dusted off the old piano in the back room, but since that you hadn't seen him. You and him were probably the only male teachers in the school, it didn't bother you though. Your colleague was a soft spoken man and a timid one at that, and every quarrel started in your classroom by students was always broken up by you.