Epilouge pt1

Twelve years have passed. Things have been going somewhat steadily. Paradis has managed to somewhat fix its image in the world. Some were willing to reach out for peace, and others held a more violent grudge.
The western federation was one of them. What was once a nation that helped Paradis progress in their military was now one of their most bitter enemies. They were led by a man named Edmund Wheeler. He lost his entire family because of the rumbling. And he hated Paradis more than anyone.

The ideals of Y/n Langnar, which was given the name "Langnarism," have almost been phased out. Over the past twelve years, a more progressive mindset has been promoted to the citizens of Paradis. And it has been working quite well. Although not entirely. Some extremist groups with Langnarist ideals still linger. The most dangerous known group is the
"Eldian Vangaurd". They are a Langnarist group who are classified as extremely dangerous. Three members of the group carried out a terror attack on the newly built Marleyan embassy in the capital of Paradis. All three of them entered the building with rifles, pistols, and explosives. They killed twenty-five unnarmed Marleyan civilians and injured thirty-six more.

There's also a group known as
"The children of Y/n." They are also rather dangerous, being known to attack people. They have a more cult like structure to their group, treating Y/n Langnar as like a divine figure.
Other than that, it's mainly just people with Langnarist ideals rioting in the streets every now and again.

All of this goes to show that evil always lingers. No matter what. You can not be rid of it completely.

None of these things have been able to stop people from living peaceful conflict free lives. Especially a certain girl who's been through an immense amount of pain. Mikasa Ackerman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A thirty-one year old Mikasa, who has still managed to retain her immense beauty, peacefully strolled home carrying a basket full of vegetables. The woman arrived home at her cozy little homestead and opened the door.

?: Mama, you're home!

A young girl yelled, filled with excitement.

Mikasa: Hey, sweetie.

Mikasa said softly as she bent down and kissed her daughter on the forhead.

?: What took you so long?

Mikasa: I wasn't gone that long. Was I?

The woman said as she strolled over to the countertop, placing the basket down.

?: Well, it felt like a long time.

Mikasa: Because you missed me so much.

The two giggled together.

Mikasa: Agnes, sweetie, did you finish your chores?

Agnes: Yes...

The girl said, rolling her eyes.

Mikasa: Thank you. Now go wash. I'll get started with dinner, okay?

Agnes: Okay, Mama.

The girl said, skipping away cheerfully. Mikasa watched with a warm and loving smile as she left. They may not be related one bit, but Mikasa didn't care. Agnes was her daughter no matter what anyone said. And she loves that girl with all her heart. Mikasa still remembers how she cried the first time Agnes called her "Mama."

Later on, the two ate dinner together, chatting and laughing. Mikasa never imagined herself as the mothering type, but here she was. For a long time, Mikasa was in a horrible state of depression. But this little girl who looked nearly identical to her mother came into her life and made her so immensely happy.