Chapter 1: A New World

Natsu POV

Where was I? All I remembered was going on a mission with Lucy and Happy. We were taking on a bunch of trolls terrorizing a small village. As usual, I was going all out while Lucy did nothing but complain about the collateral damage. My fire burned down everything until one last enemy appeared. And then... I was here. But... where exactly is 'here'?

I looked in all directions. Nothing but the distant horizon with the starry, night sky everywhere. I was laying on a pond. Then, I got up, and realized that the pond seemed to be infinite, extending as far as the eye could reach. It was a great view, almost heavenly, but I had no time to admire it. I needed to find Lucy and Happy. "Heeeeyyy!!! Anybody hereeee?!?!" I yelled, calling for help. However, no one replied. "HELLOOOO!!!"

...

...

...

Finally, after some long seconds of silence, I heard a barely loudable voice answering my call.

"Hey..." said the voice. I had to lean forward in order to hear where it was coming from. Then, it spoke again. "Hey!"

'Who's that?' I thought in awe, the voice slowly becoming louder.

"Where are you?!"

"Right here!" I yelled back, after which I ran forward in search of the voice's owner.

By that point, I wasn't just listening to the voice anymore, but also the sound of his steps nearing me. "I see you!" added the stranger, walking calmly unlike me, who was rushing to meet him. A few seconds later, the mysterious person became recognizeable, startling me in a mix of surprise and confusion due to his appeareance. After all, he looked just like...

"Hey... Aren't you... STING?!"

The stranger widened his look slightly. "You... know me?"

"Ah? Of course we know each other! Although, I gotta say your outfit is different from what I remembered... And that hair style... Did you ask Lector to mess with your hair?"

I chuckled, but Sting was not even grinning at my joke. Yeah... That man had Sting's face, but his clothes, hair and overall image was different too, wearing a skin-tight black suit with some neon yellow patterns. Very... modern-looking, but not really my taste. His hair was arranged in a weird Mohawk style with bangs covering part of his forehead. And lastly, he had a scar on his face.

"How do you know me? Who are you?" asked Sting with a serious expression.

"Come on, man... Joke's over" I replied, rubbing my head. "Don't you recognize me? It's me! Natsu!"

Suddenly, Sting startled in shock. "Natsu?! You are Natsu?!"

"Yeah! Exactly! I guess the darkness is so dense you couldn't see my face, huh?"

"Shut up, demon!" Sting's tone suddenly turned aggresive, shaking me a bit. "You tried to fool me, but I'm already aware of your true identity. If you are really THE Natsu, then my goal is clear!" Without a second thought, Sting drew out a small object he had behind his back, like the handle of a sword, but without the blade. Then, a beam of white light came out of the handle, taking the form of, precisely, the blade that was missing. "You are going down! E.N.D! Your era of terror ends now!"

HUH?! What the hell was this guy talking about?!

I had no time to think of that. Sting rushed to attack me without a warning, swinging his laser sword so fast that I barely dodged it. My fellow dragon slayer handled the blade with great skill, continuing his barrage of attacks as I was forced to evade desperately. I could sense it. Any cut from that blade could proof deadly. Sting wasn't just trying to fight, he was going for the kill!