Chapter 4: Triple Rumble

Stella POV

Hehehe... Things were more interesting than usual. This first round of the Trials of the Multiverse was more entertaining than I thought it would be. Even more fun than in previous occasions, not like I've witnessed many trials since I was just born 3000 years ago. In any case, I could see it all. That rough start got rid of most of the participants. Only a small bunch were able to make it past the forest. And now, very few were closing in to the final goal.

Who would be the lucky 5 to pass on to the next round? Well, staying tuned to this tale is the best way to know.

There's one thing I didn't tell the participants though. Actually, there are many things I didn't tell them... hehe... But in this particular case, I didn't mention the SPECIAL PRIZE. That's right. Being among the 5 winners is the requirement to move on to the next round, but the 1st place... hehe... The 1st place would receive a special prize before moving on! Jeez! I couldn't wait! I had to know who was the winner!

Without thinking twice, I focused my attention on the island's highest peak. I exalted as I noticed who was closer to the goal. In fact, there were three people closer than anyone. None other than Natsu from Earthland #545, Ryoto from Earthland #8380 and Makura from Earthland #72. Damn, they were fast! Not only had they reached the mountain in record time, but they were climbing it vigorously!

"Heh... Let's make things... a bit more interesting" I muttered to myself, snapping my fingers. Why? You ask? Well, let's just say I wasn't going to make things so easy to the variants.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makura POV

We reached the mountain at last. What's more, Natsu, Ryoto and I distinguished quite the potent scent coming from all around. What the hell was it? It smelled really sweet, but neither Ryoto nor me knew were it was coming from even though it was right in front of us the whole time.

"This is delicious!" Natsu suddenly claimed, eating dirt from the mountain itself.

"Dude! You are eating dirt! How is that delicious?!" asked Ryoto in surprise.

"Is it dirt though? It tastes like chocolate to me"

Chocolate?! Crap! I could not resist myself. I approached the dirt and stuck a good chunk into my mouth. To my surprise, Natsu was right! "It IS chocolate!!!" I said in shock. "This is a chocolate mountain!"

"A choco-mountain... hehe..."

Ryoto and I sweat-dropped. Then, we all focused back on the race while climbing our way up the mountain fast. Although, Natsu grabbed one more chunk of chocolate dirt for the road. We then moved on. Natsu tasted his snack while staying a little behind from me and Ryoto. Parallely, I was a bit behind from Ryoto, but it did not matter. In the end, we were all going to win together...

UNLESS...

"Hehe... Guys, you know what I just thought?" Natsu asked with his mouth full of chocolate.

"What is it?" I asked with a grin.

"Well... just imagine we all reach the goal only to find out there's only 1 spot left among the winners. Wouldn't that be hilarious? Hahaha...!"

Ryoto and I widened our eyes, not in a fun mood like Natsu was when laughing, but in shock for what the pinkette had accidentally suggested. What's more, he seemed to have also realise what he had said, because he went silent seconds later, his loud laugh ending slowly as we stared at each other, not moving a muscle. "Th-that's ridiculous! Right, Ryoto?" I asked with a fake grin.