Chapter 6: E.N.D Versus The North

Makura POV

The 4 mentors ended their meeting minutes later. As Stella came back to us, she explained what rules had been determined for this 2nd round, also referred by her as the semifinal round. In any case, this part of the tournament would consist of individual battles, but in order to make things faster and interesting, the leader of each team had to select 2 fighters.

Those 2 fighters would be the only ones to participate. Once a fighter was unable to continue, he or she would be replaced by the remaning fighter in his team. Whichever team ran out of fighters first would lose the round, and as such, it would be erased from existence immediately. That's right. The fate of the whole team rested on those 2 selected warriors, which meant that the team leaders had to choose wisely.

"Well then, if everything is clear..." Stella said, turning to Ryoto. "It is your turn... leader. You must choose the 2 warriors who'll represent your team"

Ryoto displayed a serious expression, more determined and tense than I could ever imagine!! He had a very difficult choice to make, so of course he would be nervous as hell! Now... he had a fair idea of what my power's extent was all about, as well as Natsu's, so the obvious choice would be to select one of us. On the other hand, that could be a risk too. Ryoto, Natsu and I had faced each other in a triple battle not so long ago, so we were still quite tired from it.

Maybe... it was better to select E.N.D and the so-called Giah? Crap... I had no clue! I couldn't even imagine how much Ryoto was struggling at that moment! He rubbed his chin, looking at all of us while Natsu actually insisted in him being chosen. Seems like he wanted to get into action, but in the end, Ryoto ended up thinking as I did. "E.N.D..." said Ryoto, facing the demonic version of Natsu who smirked evily in return.

"Yes... leader?" replied E.N.D sarcastically.

"You'll fight, so get ready"

E.N.D's devilish smile widened even more. He was already getting excited from the mere thought of crushing his opponent. "Whatever you say... leader"

"Hey! What about me?!" Natsu asked.

"You, Makura and I have not fully recovered" replied Ryoto. "For as much as I'd like to fight, it's better to let the ones in optimal condition handle this round" Natsu sighed in frustration, but in the end, he accepted Ryoto's decision. Meanwhile, this last one turned to none other than the only team member whose voice hadn't been heard even once... Giah. "That means you are fighting too" Ryoto bluntly added. "I have no clue what kind of dragon slayer magic you use, but if you survived the previous round, then you must be strong. Go ahead and show us"

There was a short silence. Although, we all startled when Giah actually nodded in return, daring to say something for the first time. "Understood" she simply muttered.

Then, Stella and Ryoto nodded to each other, meaning that our team was ready. The same thing happened with the other 3 teams. They took their time choosing their pair of warriors, and once they finished, the mentors let us know which teams would be facing off. The 1st match would be SOUTH TEAM versus NORTH TEAM. In other words, US versus the NORTH TEAM.

"South team! North team! Present you warriors! Now!!" ordered Luah as she levitated above the arena. Looks like she was going to be the referee for this match.

E.N.D was the first one to step up front, not even asking Giah if she was okay with him going first. Although, the girl didn't seem to mind. Stella then teleported E.N.D onto the arena, followed by Junie who did the same with his respective warrior. The demon variant of Natsu felt weirded out at the appearance of his opponent... A tall man of green hair, piercing blue eyes and sharp teeth. He wore what seemed to be a full-body swimsuit, tight enough to show off his musculature.