Chapter 5: The Real Prize

Natsu POV

Our powers collided, creating a massive explosion on the ring. Wind and dust spread across the entire colosseum, scaring the crowd who were fearing for their lives. I too got blown away by the outstanding destruction, being launched back until I crashed against the wall of the arena. By the time the smoke dissipated, everyone witnessed how things ended. I... I was out of the limit!! Not only that, but Makura was out too! And Ryoto as well! What the...?! Now what?!

"And it's decided, ladies and gentlemen!!" Stella yelled in joy, watching the giant crater as she searched for us. Seconds later, she realized we were all out of the limit. "It's... another tie?! Are you kidding me?!" Stella crunched her expression, resisting the urge to scream in frustration. Looks like even she didn't know what to do. "You cannot be serious! Okay... Okay... You know what? Enough games!" Suddenly, she snapped her fingers again, and in the blink of an eye, the entire crowd of people vanished!

The only ones who remained on their seats were the other dragon slayers. Then, Stella levitated towards the center, summoning the 5 winners. "What the...?! Where did all the people go?!" I asked in childish surprise.

"Soul partition, dummy... I explained it, remember? I created that crowd just for spectacle, but it's useless now!"

"Wait..." Ryoto intervened. "So you are saying all those people were you?"

"Yeah. I can morph my appearance to look like someone different. Whatever, we are getting side-tracked! Do you guys have any idea how much you are complicating things? We cannot move on if we don't decide the winner!"

"Hey, it's not our fault we are equally matched" Makura replied while raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, and what's the big deal anyway?" Ryoto asked. "That SPECIAL 1st place prize can't be that important, right?"

"Yes, it is!" said Stella in childish anger. "You guys don't know what the next round is about!! It'll all revolve around teams!! And the winner of this round was going to receive the title of leader as prize!"

Wait... What? That was the special prize?! A stupid title?!

"You can't be serious!!!" yelled E.N.D at that moment, glaring in annoyance at Stella. "What an stupid waste of time!! Why didn't you just choose the leader yourself?! Or even better! Just let those 3 morons decide!!!"

Stella startled in silliness, her eyes widening like a child while the arena went silent. She clearly never even thought of that, and yet, it was such an easy solution. "W-well... I guess there's no problem if we do that" she muttered while rubbing her cheek with her finger, clearly ashamed. Ryoto, Makura and I sweat-dropped at that, and then Stella approached us. "Okay then... You 3... please decide which one of you will be team leader. Just... do not take too long, okay?"

Stella sighed, already expecting us to argue for a long time. Nonetheless, it ended up not taking more than 2 seconds.

"Not me" I said immediately.

"Not me" Makura added instantly.

And so, Ryoto startled in surprise for our quick responses. "Hey! Th-that's not fair!!! You didn't warn me!!!" he yelled angrily.

"Too bad. We didn't get any warning either" I replied while shrugging.

"B-but I...! I don't wanna be...!"

"Come on, dude!" Makura interrupted. "You know what? The Ryoto from my world is a great leader from time to time! Are you telling me you can't be like him?"