10.

It's been few months since Kavin and Purvi got married. Though they were close, but still there were many differences between them. In spite of being close, they were distant. Today in Chavan Niwas, there was a festive mood since today was the Godbharai (baby shower) ceremony of Sai. It was her seventh month so everyone paid much attention to her and the burden for the whole celebration was put on Purvi. After checking all the preparations once again and making the food, she went to his room to get ready.

"Huh! Aaj toh bahut thak gaye." She sighed as she sat on the bed releasing a deep breath. She glanced at the clock. It was almost the time for celebration. She quickly gets up and walks towards the cupboard to take her clothes. Before she could grab her saree, her hands were stopped by a strong pair of hands. She looked at them and immediately realised who it was. She turned.

"Kavin" She said with a frown.

"Kya hua? Mujhe roka kyun?"

"Yeh nahi, yeh pehno" He said giving her a bag. She looked at him and then at the bag. She was hesitant and he could very well understand it.

"Meri taraf se nahi hai. Aai ki taraf se hai. Unhe acha lagega agar Aaj ke function mein tum-"

"Aai ke liye" She said before taking the bag.

"Sirf Aai ke liye" He repeated with a smile on his face and some unsaid, unexpressed emotions in his eyes. She silently walked pass him before closing the door. He turned towards the door.

"Sirf tumhare liye" He said.

[Time Skip]

Kavin was pacing here and there around the room looking at his watch time to time.

"Purvi! Kab tak ready hogi? Deri ho rahi hai hume" He said once again knocking at the door.

"Ho gaya bus. Aayi!" She said.

Kavin sat on the couch in his room and began to read the magazine. After few minutes, he hears the door opening but decides to pretend as if he did not heard. Somewhere, he was eager to see his wife in the dress he bought for her. Her anklets tingled as she walked and sat infront of the mirror to get ready. This time he couldn't stop and peeped from the magazine at his wife getting ready. She was beautiful and he was already smitten.

Her dress (saree)

Her dress (saree)

(Paired jewelleries)

She wore her mangalsutra around her neck and looked at the sindoor (vermillion) box infront of her. She took a pinch and was about to fill her hairline but stopped and glanced at her husband who was busy reading magazine. She wore the traditional and khandani Marathi nath and was ready to go. She looked at herself and a smile appeared on her lips.

"Chale?" She said as she stood in front of her husband. He looked at her and was already smitten. He looked in her eyes which carried many untold emotions. He wanted to heal her, to take her every pain from her life. He knew there was so much in her heart hidden. He wanted to love her. So much so that she can give him her every pain and he'll endure it with a happy smile.

Kya Kahun
Aankhon Ne Meri
Sab Keh Diya

He nodded and held her hand before leaving the room. She looked at him with moist eyes and he wiped those. She closed her eyes to feel his touch. She couldn't help but tears escaped. She did not want to fall weak infront of him. She turned to leave but he held her wrist tightly.

Ek Tu Hi
Jeene Ka Matlab Keh Diya
Kya Kahun
Aankhon Ne Meri
Sab Keh Diya
Ek Tu Hi
Jeene Ka Matlab Keh Diya

"Kavin please" She tried to get rid of his grip but he held it tightly. She looked down at the floor not wanting to look in his eyes. He moved closer and kept his finger under her chin making her look at him.

Ab Saansein Chale
Na Chale Kya Fikar
Tu Chale Sath To
Khoobsurat Safar
Teri Rahon Me Mera Jahan

"Tumhare dard ka pata hai mujhe issliye mujhse apna dard mat chpao. Humari shaadi bhale hi ek contract ho Purvi lekin iss contract ko bhi main wafadari se nibhaunga. Tumhara har dard tumhare saath batunga." He said looking in her eyes.

A drop of tear escaped her eyes and fell on his hand.

Ke Rang Lageya Ishq Da
Main Tera Hoya Is Tarah
Ke Rang Lageya Ishq Da

She nodded lightly and he left her hand.

"Chalte hai" He said and she quickly went outside not wanting to continue their conversation on that matter. He kept looking at the door with a sad expression. Her tears felt like an arrow was shot directly in his heart. He knew that whatever happened before their marriage was unacceptable and very difficult to move on with. Though she did not express her emotions and happily jelled with everyone in the family, he knew that there was a voidness in her heart and he felt the urge to fill it with his love.

As he descended the stairs and reached the hall, he was spellbound by all the arrangements done. He felt proud and surprised at the same time. Proud because it was done by his wife. And surprise because it was done by his wife!

He saw her giggling and laughing with the other ladies in the house. A smile appeared on his lips.

"Tumhari iss muskan ko banaye rakhne ke liye toh main kuch bhi kar sakta hu" He thought.

"Are are itna sannata kyun hai bhai? Ghar mein khushi ka maahol hai aur koi nach gaana hi nahi. Mohit, Baja na " Samrat said gaining everyone's attention.

"Baat toh sahi kahi dada aapne" Karishma chirped at the mention of dance. She was ever ready for dancing. It is her life.

Mohit played the music and the first dance which gathered everyone's attention was of the brothers. Samrat, Virat, Kavin and Mohit set the stage on fire by their dance. Everyone was clapping and applauding their dance except for one whose eyes were fixed on Kavin.

Thanks for reading ❤️