03

after a small trip to the bathroom only to discover that her blending trick didnt work, dominique rifled through her emergency makeup bag, which was in case her makeup got smudged or she has an unexpected breakout.

or, as it turns out, in case her dad decided to beat the shit out of her and not be discreet about it.

which, you know, is totally cool. 

dom rolled her eyes at her thoughts, leaning her head down on her desk, careful to not smudge her mascara as she rested her forehead in her arms and fluttered her eyes shut, ignoring her teachers eyes burning into her head.

the bell trilling woke dominique up from her slumber, her multicolored eyes opening at the sound as she let out a groan of annoyance, slamming her forehead down on the table. 

but then she remembered who she had this class with. 

aiden, taylor, tyler, ben and ashlyn were all packing up their bags. aiden, who sat next to dom had turned around to talk to the rest of his friends. as they finished chatting and deciding what they were gonna do for lunch, he turned back only to see her seat empty and the door to the classroom swinging shut behind her. 

 "was that dominique just now?" tyler asked, coming up behind aiden and staring at the door in surprising concern.

"yeah, i dunno whats up with her"

dom sat at a table by herself, just not needing the pressure of socializing right now. 

she had throbbing headache, her neck left like it was on fire and overall she just felt somewhat exhausted. not to mention her calf was still screaming in defiance every time she moved it even slightly. 

she rolled her eyes for what seemed like the fifth time today, reaching over and grabbing her bottle of cold water - the only thing she had purchased from the canteen today as she felt like food wouldnt be able to fit down her throat over her father's fit.

she unscrewed the cap, tilting her head back to the reduce the amount of friction the water would have against her throat, and taking a few glups, sighing happily at the numbness it caused in her throat. 

as she was about to lay her head down on her desk, her headphones were ripped off her ears once more. this time, she just groaned, admitting defeat as the rest of her friends arrived at the table with her.