28

"I'm actually gonna-,"

Dominique punched Tyler in the shoulder before he could finish his sentence. Taylor, on the other side of Dom, burst out laughing at the sight of a whimpering Tyler, who pouted sarcastically at cackling Dom.

The 'small upgrade' to the jeep was amazing.

Mike had added three extra seats into the boot of the jeep to accommodate all Ashlyn's friends, which Dom had literally exclaimed with excitement immediately dibsing the back- and causing a small fight about who would accompany her in her wake.

Eventually, for some reason, it was decided the twins would sit in the back. Taylor and her head rested on Dominique's shoulder and Tyler had a hand over Dom's thigh, drawing circles into her skin and tracing his initials over his finger. Dom found it sweet.

That was before he had decided to be a little shit.

"But, at least it works!" Mike spoke over his shoulder, keeping his eyes on the road infront of him and watching for the lights to turn green.

"Why'd you sit back here of you were going to whine the whole time, hm?" Dominique inquired, moving closer to his face as his hand stilled from her thigh. He froze, gulping slightly at the proximity of the two as Dom smirked. He leaned forward slightly, trembling a little at the amount of space separating them.

His eyes ran over her face, examining every detail on her skin; the scars across her face, the tiny freckles dancing over her nose, her tan skin,

-but he couldn't pull his focus off her eyes.

God, he would never get over how beautiful they were.

A bump in the road pushed the two slightly closer, and Tyler had to place a hand over Dom's chest to stop her from falling into him.

Not that he wouldn't have minded.

Dominique looked down at the hand over her chest and smiled back up at him, wrapping her hand around his and pulling it off of her lightly, keeping his palm in her lap and brushing a piece of hair behind his ear with her other, looking away from his eyes.

Mike sounded as he pulled into the parking lot of the Arcade complex, and Dominique pulled away from Tyler, hopping out of the car and leaving him with a blush over his face and a rigid smile. Mike turned over, shooing the kids out of the car with a fond smile over his face and keeping his questioning gaze on a flustered Tyler for a little longer, tilting his head to the side as he huffed, opened the door, and stumbled out of the car.

"You kids have fun, okay? Call if you need anything!" Mike called out, slumping slightly over his window and waving a hand through the air, fare welling his daughter and her friends. Dom smiled, waving at him in return and turning toward her group of friends. She walked up beside Ash, patting her arm softly and signalling for her to pull down her headphones for a moment.

"Arcades are fun and all, but if this becomes too much, let me know and I can take you home." Dom assured, running her thumb over the back of Ashlyn's palm, who sent her a soft smile and nodded, slipping her headphones back over her ears and walking toward the entrance of the arcade. Dom smiled at her retreating figure, jogging up beside her friends and making her way to the front of the group, pushing the arcade doors open and gesturing them inside as they thanked her.

As they walked though the arcade, Dom took notice of how unusually empty it was. Dominique frequented the arcade regularly, the employees knowing her name by heart. As she walked over to the prize counter, she smiled warmly at the familiar figure working the table.