10

dominique and the others had been walking around savannah for about an hour now. dom's phone had been filled with pictures of different sighs around the area. there were pictures of the group posing, pictures of just herself and pictures of the others, as well.

they had stopped and gotten face paint, too. dominique had gotten orion's constellation painted on the side of her face. orion was the consolation opposite to sirius , her favorite star. it was the way she knew how to locate it. it looked kind of like an hourglass, linked together with spots and small lines straying out from around the spots.

she had gotten it in pretty red paint. she had to stay on theme, she thought.

as they neared back to the meeting place the class had decided on for the trip, they passed an old house. it's windows were old and fogged with age, vines had grew around the place; like a snake squeezing it's prey.

dominique felt a weird feeling rush down her back as she shivered, adverting her gaze and turning to look at aiden, an uneasy expression on her face.

dominique had noticed ashlyn's stare at the house, hearing her mumble something under her breath.

"dominique, ash, you coming?" aiden asked, a slightly confused expression on his face at what had taken the two's interest.

"stop calling me ash." ashlyn mumbled under her breath, walking to catch up with the group. dominique followed, taking a quick glance at the house before joining up with her friends.

"excuse me!"

dominique and the group turned around, their faces filled with confusion at the woman addressing them. as they turned, they caught a glimpse of a figure waving their hand with an embarrassed expression on her face. she was pretty. she had jet black hair and small features.

"would you be interested in a tour of the sorrel weed house? i saw your friend eyeing it earlier." she said, walking to a stop in front of the group and looking dominique in the eye. she broke eye-contact, continuing.

"a large group cancelled their tour at the last minute and now we have a bunch of empty spots." she said, rubbing her hand through the back of her hair with a bashful expression plastered on her face.

"we'd be losing huge money if we don't fill the spots, and your friend seems interested." she spoke, taking a quick, pointed glance at dominique before continuing quickly. "its only five dollars a person." she added.

just as dominique was about to speak, taylor spoke up with an excited look on her face, stars practically sparkling in her eyes.

"wait, really? this place is supposed to be really haunted. we gotta go, guys!" they rest of the group chimed in with their agreement or lack of indifference. dominique and ash both had skeptical looks on their faces as they eyed the woman up and down.

"right this way then!"

an unsettling smirk rose on the woman's lips at the sound of their approval, and dominique felt her stomach drop slightly.

"this doesn't feel right." dom and ash mumbled, walking next to each other as they entered the house.

"welcome to the sorrel weed house! this is the foyer, almost everything is still intact from the original owner's of the house-" as the woman spoke, dominique had blocked out her voice, warily eyeing the woman and taking in the confines of the house.

it looked pretty normal. but dominique could swear she heard noises of horrible pitches coming from all around the house. it was like screaming, but slightly quieter and almost whine-y. it left dominique with a bitter taste in her mouth. but, seeing the intrigue and excitement in the group's eyes, she kept quiet, not wanting to ruin the trip for the group.