Prologue II - The Battle of Abbey Field

Aranthian Year 4018

Rain falls on the fields of Abbey Province, in the southern regions of West Aranthia. Today, the Great Aranthian War shall finally end. King Kildrin of Helvoria, a land to the west of Aranthia, declared war on the Holy State, attempting to take it for his own. Kildrin led his elven soldiers to the battlefield, and took a large portion of Aranthia. However, he was pushed back into his own lands of Helvoria. Kildrin eventually escaped his homeland, and sailed to Abbey Field, where the final battle will take place.

King Kildrin stands on a hill in the field, the soldiers of the Helvorian army at his back. At their backs, the Aranthian Ocean. King Kildrin grips his magical book, the Bloodbath Tome, tightly. On the opposite side of the battlefield, he spots his enemy: High Priest Velin Achenrill of Aranthia, descendant of High Priests Aran and Thia.

Velin Achenrill grips the hilts of his two blades, joined together by a mystical chain. His swords are called Einheit, the Blades of Unity. His white armor bears the crest of the Valorixist church, depicting two figures joining hands, with a smaller figure just beneath them. The two larger figures represent Sora and Ania, the Mother Gods, while the smaller figure represents Valorix. On the opposite side of the battlefield, Velin Achenrill spots his enemy: King Kildrin.

In the city of Lorentia, just west of the soon-to-be battlefield, a funeral takes place. A soldier, fallen in battle, is being lowered into the earth, so that he may finally join Valorix and the Mother Gods in the Heavens above. The church emblem engraved on his casket, he slowly descends. A woman begins to sing the Aranthian Requiem, a song that is sung for many funerals across Aranthia. Her notes are carried by the wind, and they float through the air across Abbey Field.

"The solemn chords of the Aranthian Funeral Song fill the air," Kildrin notes. A grin appears upon his face. "Hm. Perhaps this is a sign." Kildrin readies his tome, and the soldiers behind him ready their weapons as well. Across the field, Achenrill takes note of this.

"They should know..." He says, readying his blades. "They brought this upon themselves."

Far to the east, a third army rides. A large man, with chilling white hair, leads them, riding his horse toward Abbey Field. This is Wuhlfrik Ravagon Asleen, the Warlord. He hails from the land of Asleenia, and he is their leader. He injected himself into Aranthia and Helvoria's war, and craves only bloodshed. While the armies at Abbey Field wear grim faces, Wuhlfrik and his Asleenian soldiers wear smiles, for they know blood awaits them at their destination.

At Abbey Field, both armies watch the other closely, waiting for the other to make the first move. Velin Achenrill decides that it will be his army who begins the battle. He points the blade of one of his swords at the Helvorian Army.

"My church soldiers!" He yells. "Tonight, this bloody chapter of Aranthia's history ends! Tonight, the Aranthian people will sleep safely in their homes. Tonight... we end this war! Never waver!"

The church soldiers let out their war cries, and they begin to charge at the Helvorian army.

"Helvoria!" Kildrin shouts, raising his Bloodbath Tome. "Claim this world as our own! Stain the land red with those evil Aranthians' blood!" The Helvorian army rushes forward. And so, the Battle of Abbey Field begins. Sorcerers from each army launch fireballs and call lightning upon their enemy. Swords, axes, and greatblades clash against other weapons and shields. Arrows fly through the air, plunging themselves into the bodies of their targets. Velin Achenrill cuts down Helvorian soldiers, attempting to find King Kildrin, and end this foul war.

From a nearby hill, Wuhlfrik and his Asleenian army watch the battle. An Asleenian commander, with long white hair, approaches the Warlord.

"Your Majesty. Is... should we really be here?" She asks. "Your weapons. You-"