Chapter IV - Tilvian Abbey

"I am Headmistress Tilvian Abbey," the woman introduces herself.  Across the room, students watch intently.  "We hope you enjoy the next four years of your academic journey."

Behind Abbey sits the other professors.  The Headmistress turns to the side, and she begins to introduce the students to each one.

"This is the faculty of the academy.  They will be your professors," Abbey explains.  A woman with purple hair and black glasses stands.  "This is Professor Freya.  She teaches the Arcanist classes, and is the leader of the Arcanist track."

Freya sits down, and a woman with short blue hair stands.

"This is Professor Maximus," Abbey says.  "She is the leader of the Gladiator track.  She also runs the dueling guild." Abbey continues to introduce the faculty, including the leaders of the other tracks, including Lady Elsimas.

"She'll be my professor," the blue haired girl says. Corliss turns to her. "I'm Celia." Corliss tells Celia her name.

"You're joining the Knights?" Davik asks. Celia nods.

"I come from Ossary," Celia begins. "Capitol of Knight Territory. I met Lady Elsimas once. I showed her my skills with a greatblade. I tried to, at least. I fell flat on my face. So I began working harder. So that when I got here, I'd be able to impress her."

"Well, good luck with that," Isabella tells her. "I hear she's never impressed." Abbey continues introducing the faculty.  She introduces the athletics professor, the culinary professor, the geography professor, and the history professor.

"Now that you are all familiar with your soon-to-be professors," Abbey begins. "You may enjoy your meal. Afterwards, the first-years will be escorted to the common area, where they will choose which track they will study." Abbey sits down, and academy workers bring food to the tables, and the students begin to eat.

Ayden sits down next to Corliss and Davik.

"Finally done moving stuff," Ayden says, letting out a deep sigh. "Well... done moving stuff into the storage chamber." Corliss notices Isabella whispering something to Katelyn, both of their eyes on Ayden. Katelyn rolls her eyes. Davik grabs a roll, and begins to eat.

"Ayden, what are the classes like?" Corliss asks. Ayden is eating some kind of meat. Perhaps ham? Corliss could never really tell which meat is which.

"Hm, good question," Ayden says, still eating. "It's gonna be a little rough, your first few weeks. This place is huge, and you'll probably end up getting to some of your classes late. But that's alright. The professors won't count it against you. Unless it keeps happening, you know?"

"Corliss," Katelyn says, getting her attention. Corliss looks up at Katelyn. "You never told us where you're from."

"Oh, right," Corliss says, feeling a little embarrassed. "Well, I'm not really from any town or city. My dad and I live just east of here. Right outside the Ajusco Forest." Corliss grabs some food from the trays in front of her, and she begins to eat. The wonderful tastes fill her mouth. It's unlike anything she's ever had before.

"What about you?" Celia asks, looking at Davik. Davik doesn't realize he's being talked to. Ayden softly nudges him with his elbow.

"Huh?" Davik asks, confused. He turns to his left, and sees Celia looking past Corliss, at him. "Oh. Me?"

"Yeah," Celia confirms, smiling. Davik swallows his mouthful of food.

"I'm from nowhere, really," Davik explains. "You probably never heard of it."

"Somewhere in Vahallor?" Katelyn asks. "Sorania?"

"Maybe Old Asleenia?" Isabella suggests. "Or maybe just plain Asleenia."