Prologue III - After the War

Aranthia prospers. After the death of King Kildrin and the defeat of the Helvorians at Abbey Field, the people of the world of Aranthia celebrated. The capitol of the Holy State of Aranthia was renamed Velinistan, in honor of the hero who ended the Great Aranthian War. In Abbey Province, Lord Abbey turned his castle into an academy, and he vowed to teach the people of Aranthia how to defend their land from any future enemies. Lord Abbey named the academy after the High Priest.

To unite his people, and to ease their concerns, Velin Achenrill ordered that Holy weapons be made, and distributed to each Province leader across Aranthia. He declared that these weapons would bring Aranthians together as one, and with them, they would always be safe from the horrors of war. Eventually, Velin Achenrill died, and the title of High Priest was passed to his son, Syciris.

Syciris, harboring a deep resentment towards Helvorians, made a grave mistake. He sought to end the existence of the Helvorian elves, and commanded his elite Sorcerers to travel to Helvoria, and light the country on fire. They did so, and this came to be known as the Razing of Helvoria. Homes were burned to ash, and families were separated. Many Helvorian elves fled underground, living underneath the mountains. When the Aranthian people learned of this, they were angry with Syciris Achenrill, saying that he was a disgrace in the eyes of Valorix and the previous High Priest. Syciris then spent the rest of his time as High Priest doing very little. Eventually, he, too, passed away, and his son, Avalis Achenrill, took his place.

Avalis vowed to be better than his father. He improved relations with the three countries to the south of Western Aranthia. These countries include Vahallor, Sorania, and Old Asleenia.

The Kingdom of Vahallor lies just south of Western Aranthia, and has a High Priest as leader as well. The Vahallorans believe in Valorix, but are skeptical of the existence of the Mother Gods. Although they have different beliefs, Aranthia and Vahallor get along very well.

To the east of Vahallor lies the country of Sorania, a land that believes only in the Mother Gods. They are very protective of their religion, and declined any friendship with Aranthia or Vahallor.

Just east of Sorania lies Old Asleenia. This country used to be part of Sorania. But during the Great Aranthian War, Asleenian refugees, afraid of their blood lusting Emperor, fled to Sorania, and settled in the east. Eventually, the Soranian leader during the war allowed the Asleenians to have the eastern island, and Sorania was split into two countries, much to the disappointment of the Soranian people. Many years later, the Soranian people continue to harbor hatred for the Old Asleenian people.

To the west of Aranthia is, of course, Helvoria, now a barren land. Many villages have begun rebuilding, but farming is nearly impossible. The Helvorians only eat livestock and fish. The bridge connecting Helvoria and Aranthia was destroyed after the Razing, and the Helvorians have vowed never to enter Aranthia.

To the east of Eastern Aranthia lies Mona Oase. This is where the descendants of the Eighth Child of Valorix live. Aranthia, being a very religious country, hated the descendants of the Eighth Child. The descendants, however, only wanted to live in peace. The descendants, now known as Mona Oasans, or simply Monas, built a massive wall between their land and Aranthia. This wall also acts as a fortress, and is named the Wall of the Eighth Child.

Finally, to the southeast of Old Asleenia lies the Empire of Asleenia. It has no relations with any other nations, and most are unsure if anyone even lives there any longer. Wuhlfrik Ravagon Asleen had three children. Two fled his army, while the third disappeared after the Battle of Abbey Field.

The Great Aranthian War is now a distant memory, and the people look forward to many more years of peace.