Chapter 1

Nika and I ended up taking a bus to the neighborhood that had our apartment, and with a few weeks before we'd start school, we got our necessities and got the house put together.

The day finally came for the first day of school and we were getting ready in our apartment as I offhandedly said, "Isn't it kinda weird that we're showing up after they've had a month of school?"

"Don't stress yourself out, it's gonna be just fine. Watch us become the most popular transfer students ever after just the first few hours bahahaha."

I glanced her way, "We aren't that cool."

"Are you kidding?! Have you even looked in the mirror? You're probably gonna be the coolest person there."

She shoved me in front of our mirror and I was met with my reflection. Short blonde hair styled in a wolf cut with sharp green eyes. I was taller, though not taller than Nika, and I was in my casual sleepwear.

Ignoring her comment, I shook her off, "We should get into uniform."

She grumbled, "Fine, fine. Oh! Look at how I customized my uniform! I got my skirt shorter than what we get in America! It's so much cuter!" She picked her clothes off the couch and showed me.

"I was just glad that they allowed me to wear pants." I said. "I thought they'd be stricter, but they were pretty chill about it."

Nika laughed as she continued to pack her bag. "What would we have done if Caroline had to wear an uncomfy skirt!!"

My alarm went off, signaling that we should have left already.

We shared a look of terror and pulled our uniforms on quickly. Nika took most of the bathroom time, so my hair was a complete mess.

Not that I would have done anything to it, but still.

"Oh God, we're gonna be late!" Nika rushed me out and locked the door as we began sprinting to the school.

"Whose fault is that?!" I shouted back, still salty about my lack of bathroom time.

She didn't respond, too focused on running, and we finally made it to the entrance, hands on our knees, panting.

"S-so," I was breathing heavily. "What's our class again?"

"Uhhhh... I think it's class 1-A?"

There were a lot of people as we made our way inside. I felt even warmer due to the sheer amount, and having run for so long didn't help. Finally, we reached our destination: the large door of Class 1-A.

"Think they'll be nice?" I asked her.

She nodded with a smile, and I began to push the door open. "I'm sure this will be the best thing that will have ever happened t-"

As soon as it opened, I was met with a bolt of lightning going directly in front of my face, causing me to jump back with a gasp and bump into Nika.

"Woah; Kaminari, you nearly killed someone!" A girl with a punk aesthetic shouted.

I turned to the boy who seemed to be my assailant. He had the gall to look guilty and only turned to respond to the girl.

"I wouldn't have if you didn't—"

"—That's enough." A tired voice interrupted him. I turned my eyes over to the podium where a man who looked as though he hadn't slept in weeks stood, a scarf around his neck.

Hot.

Walking over to us, he blinked slowly, like a lizard, "My name is Mr. Aizawa. I will be your new teacher. Class, please welcome our new students. I'm sure you guys will find the time to introduce yourself later."