Chapter 3

"Hey, strawberry or raspberry?" I called into the living room where Nika was sitting.

"Blueberry."

I grimaced, "That wasn't an option for a reason." I sighed. "But whatever you want I guess..."

She giggled.

We had finished our first week of school at U.A. just yesterday. Nika and I didn't attend most of the hero training classes due to the fact that our quirks were still being assessed in a different area, but next Monday, we'd be able to join the others.

Thus begins our first school weekend in Japan.

"Is there anything you want to do this weekend?" I walked over to her, the toast with... blueberry spread... on top of a plate. I handed it to her and sat next to her. "I don't think we have any homework this weekend."

She smiled, taking the plate from me. "Not that I can think of. I was thinking we could just use this weekend to relax and rejuvenate." She took a bite out of her toas. "Mmmmmm this is amazing!"

"I don't want to hear compliments from someone who puts blueberry spread on their toast," I feigned irritation. "But I'd say you're right. It was a pretty stressful week. We could just watch some anime."

"Actually, I was thinking we could do a ghibli marathon." She looked at me in anticipation.

We've done this over 28 times...

"Sure. I can't remember what happens in half of them anyway." I reached for the remote so I could flip the channel.

Just then, Nika's phone pinged from the dining room table. "Ah, could you get that for me? It's just..." she stretched her arm out exasperatedly "--so far away."

"No," I said, standing up to get it anyway.

Reaching the table, I typed in her password and opened her messages, seeing that someone I recognized had texted her.

Mina? From our class?

Nika called out from the living room, "Who is it?"

"Mina." I walked back into the living room, giving her the phone before I read the message. "What'd she say?" I sat back down next to her.

"Oh!" She said after reading the text. "Her and some people from our class invited us to hang out at the mall with them!"

Nika and... me?

I blinked in surprise, "Us?"

She looked at me confused. "Why wouldn't she want to invite us?"

"That's not what I meant," I sighed. "Nevermind. Is it just the mall? Who's going?"

She looked down at her phone, quieter now. "Yeah. Most of the kids from 1-A, I'm not so sure."

I didn't really want to. I hardly knew or talked to anyone besides Nika and occasionally Midoriya, who mainly had questions about my quirk. His friends, Iida and Uraraka, were friendly, talking to me if Midoriya was. I even had a very awkward conversation with the six-armed guy next to me, although that was completely my fault as I didn't expect him to talk to me.

I looked over to Nika, ready to ask if she'd decline when I saw her face.

She... really wants to go.

Her eyes were bright as she looked at the message on her screen, a small, rare, genuine smile on her face.

I groaned inwardly, reminding myself that she wants to make friends. I do too, but...

That's a thought for another time.

"Let's do it." I put on the best smile I could. "It might be fun."