RULES OF CONTEST

Welcome, writers of all styles and genres! The Novella Writing Awards 2024 Contest is now OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you'd like to enter, make sure to read the rules and requirements below! (You better double-check this one before submitting anything!)

- If you'd like to enter, you must follow all the Wattpad rules and guidelines in your stories. 

- You should make sure that your stories fit one of the genres in the 'PARTICIPATING FORM' section. You may only pick ONE genre for each story you'd like to enter. 

- You can enter a limit of ten stories if they match each genre, and if they follow all the rules here in this contest. 

- Each story must have at least three chapters. Short stories only need one part. (That excludes prologues, authors notes, character art, etc.)

- Each chapter MUST be at least five hundred words long. Before you begin each chapter, you must include a word count. Do NOT include it at the end. You may put it in the chapter title section if needed/wanted. 

- Make sure to follow this account PEREMENTALY. If you unfollow, you'll be excluded from all contests, and we'll NOT let you win or enter this contest either. 

- Also, to stay updated, make sure to add this book to your public and private reading lists. If there's a reason you cannot do that, please contact us. It cannot be an excuse, or else we'll kick you out of the contest.

- Make sure to vote on at LEAST the first five parts of this book. It helps us to continue making amazing contests help writers make better stories and build up their confidence!

- PLEASE: Do not comment on anything unnecessarily. (Such as hitting random letters, being rude about it, or cussing, etc.) 

- If you have any questions, just ASK for what you need, or we'll never know it! (; 

- Be kind to other people, and follow your judges and this account RachelM477

- You don't have to follow all your judgments! Just follow the user that's judging your GENRE!

- You cannot have more than 50K words, we do NOT have enough time for that.

- Take your time and BE respectful to EVERYONE!

- It can be completed stories or ongoing stories (; (Please see below for completed stories)

Completed stories

Must follow all the rules above and it must be ABOVE 10 thousand words. If it is less than that, your entry will be accepted, but in the reviews, we will mark it as ongoing. Your story must have been created after January 1st, 2023. If you accidentally submitted it and created the story before January 1st, 2023, we will still accept it. 

Ongoing Stories

Must follow all the rules and it must be at least 1500 words total. Also, it must have NO race or sex inside it. LGBTQ+ and other kinds of mature stories are accepted :)