The Meeting

RECAP

_______________________________

"How about we never stop talking okay?"

and with that.. I stepped out the door waving goodbye. I climbed into my father's truck and we drove off. I looked out the window with a frown.

That wasn't the first or last time we moved. He jumped from house to house almost yearly.
_______________________________

I had to move again. I only got to know Nanami for 4 years.. at the time I had no idea what a phone was let alone a phone number so when I moved I have him my new address. He never sent anything, not once.

_______________________________

I sigh at the memory but continue to eat my dinner. I've long since moved out and gotten a job. My poor father has to deal with a lot of dept but I've been working on helping him with that all I can. I'm a Jujustu Sorcerer. Even though I didn't go to Jujusu High. It's a fine job I suppose. You get used to it after a while.. oh, and I haven't killed more people than I've saved which is just fantastic!

I finish eating and prepare for head in for a small meeting. There will be quite a few people, but it's a small meeting as it's only the sorcerers that live in this town attending. There's only five fully fledged sorcerers, but there's a few students too! I wonder if the students will attend.. which higher up will be there anyway?

I scrap that thought as there's no point in guessing and step out the front door of my small apartment with my cursed tools in my bag. Who knows if I have to leave on a mission or if something will happen at the meeting.

The walk to the meeting spot is pleasant. The sounds of birds casually chirping and flying to their hearts content. They must be so free.. I wonder what that's like.
I pass an older couples house and smile at the sight of their well taken care of tulips. They've always been good at taking care of their yard, more specifically theirs flowers. I've seen Mr, Caremaren out here countless times tending to the flowers. I swear he inspects every individual leaf to make sure they are as healthy as can be! He sure loves his tulips.

I walk past their house with a soft smile. They are such a sweet couple. I make it to an older building and walk inside. We always have our meetings here as we can't afford anything nicer let alone this. I see a small gathering of fifteen people.
Wait.. fifteen?!
I take my seat and the meeting starts.

_______________________________

So that's why there were so many sorcerers.. all of us are being sent to different districts

and..

Wait..

"I've been sent to another district?! Why?"

"They need you there L/n. They have a larger mission coming up and with your technique you'd be perfect for the job! Besides, out town is small and is hardly disturbed by cursed spirits and if you do well they might want to keep you!"
He bellows happily. How can this old ass man be so happy-? I grin and bear it.
"Great.."
He frowns, but lets me leave. I walk out of the meeting area and head straight home.
'Why does my life have so many sudden changes?! This is ridiculous! I just got settled into my apartment too..'
I sigh and enter my apartment again. Time to pack. Again. I swear I move way too much, well, I'm not moving unless they want to "keep me" or whatever, but I'm packing. I'm supposed to stay there for like.. 3 weeks or so for this mission. It's ridiculous, but oh well.. I can't do much about it. It's just like any other mission. That's my purpose.

_______________________________

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I tried to make it a little longer and I even added an original character! Mr, Caremaren and his wife! I'm hoping to add them to the plot at some point! Will our reader move again? Will he have to leave the sight of those beautiful tulips behind?