The First Move

Recap
_______________________________

"I.. I'm fine.. thanks."
He mumbles
"Of course! Do you wanna play?"
He smiles and nods shyly. I grin and grab his hand again dragging him to the spot I was sitting before.

But, before I knew it, I was moving.. Again.

_______________________________

I wake up on the day of the move. I had told Nanami I was leaving a few days prior when I found out. We made a promise to keep in contact, I mean, we've known each other for four years! I don't want to lose that..

I climb out of bed and make my way to the kitchen. My father has a bit of food ready and I sit down to eat.
"I'm sorry, kiddo.."
He starts and pauses. He knows this move is going to hurt me.
"I got a better job opportunity.. I can't pass it up. Hey! How about you give them our new address yeah? You can be like pen palls!"
He smiles trying to make things a little easier.
"I guess.."
I mumble and finish eating. I stand up and leave the room. I don't mean to be disrespectful to my father but I just want to say goodbye to Nanami.
I make my way to his house, he always invited me over as I was too scared to bring him to my place. My house was in ruins after all.. his was fairly nice too! We got to have a lot of adventures there!
I knock on the door and a male answers. He lets me in and I see Nanami waiting for me.
"Here's my new address.. I'm sorry that I'm moving."
I choke out through tears. I hate saying goodbye. He takes the paper and hugs me, which I, of course, return with a sob. After we spent the day together one last time we parted ways after we made a promise.

"How about we never stop talking okay?"

and with that.. I stepped out the door waving goodbye. I climbed into my father's truck and we drove off. I looked out the window with a frown.

That wasn't the first or last time we moved. He jumped from house to house almost yearly.

_______________________________

Somewhat sad, but not a bad chapter! I've never been good at writing sad stuff but I hope I did well! Anywho, have a good rest of your day!