The Memory

Thinking back to my past is not something I do often, but it can be nice! I remember when I was younger, I had just made a new friend! What was their name again?

~~~whoosh~~~

"The sand at this playground always gets stuck in between my toes.." I grumble
"That's just something sand does, kiddo. Maybe you shouldn't have taken off your shoes." My father replies with a faint chuckle.
"But- If I didn't take them off the sparkles would have gotten dirty.." I pout and look at my run down yet bedazzled shoes. They were really old, but I liked them solely because me and my father decorated them after they'd broken for the hundredth time. Though, it the shoes were mostly just made of duck-tape at that point.

I gave up on my pointless pouting and decided to run off to play in the sand some more, but after a while, as one does, I got bored.
"Hey, you have to entertain me somehow! Come on!" Someone hollers.
'Huh? Why are people shouting now?'
I get up from my spot and look around. I spot a kid quite a bit older than me yelling at another kid that's likely around my age, unless they're just small?
"Hey!"
Before I know it I've stormed up to the older kid and gotten in their face.
"Leave them alone!"
I order with a childish glare.
"And why would I do that?"
"Cus I'll get my papa to beat you up! He's that big scary dude with lots of tattoos!"
I state. That big scary guy with lots of tattoos was in fact not my father, but I was hoping the kid would get scared at least a little and just leave.

He did.

I turn around and hold my hand out to the smaller looking kid.
"Here. Are you alright? I'm L/n Y/n!"
The kid nods and takes my hand. I help him stand up and brush off some sand.
"I.. I'm fine.. thanks."
He mumbles
"Of course! Do you wanna play?"
He smiles and nods shyly. I grin and grab his hand again dragging him to the spot I was sitting before.

But, before I knew it, I was moving.. Again.

_____________________________

Thank you for reading my first chapter! If you have any suggestions or questions, let me know! I have no idea where the plot will go and am writing this in the spur of the moment! Someone voted for an old fanfic I wrote- 😭 I got embarrassed and decided to write a better one. So I suppose you can thank that person? 🤔 Anywho, I hope you enjoyed! Goodbye! しょなだ!(still learning Japanese so if I make a mistake let me know 😂)