Chapter 7 - I Almost Fired Toji

"Be. Quiet." ... "I almost fired Toji."
"You huh!?"... "What the fuck happened? What happened to fucking him!?" 

"Why would we risk using all of our external allowance for something that we don't know the outcome of?" Ayumi asked Satoru

"But we do know the outcome of it. If we use this material, it's guaranteed to be more sustainable for you."

"No, you've used it on a building a quarter of the size of the plant I showed you. Using it on a plant that's four times the size of that building, before the expansion, is a risk that I won't take. What else do you have?" Ayumi's eyes narrowed as Satoru looked at Suguru.

"We can use what we used last time, but there's been a price increase." Suguru offered. She sighed and sat back in her chair.
"Of course there has been. How much are we talking about?"

"A million."

"That's doubled in the last two years." Nanami spoke his input.

"It's become more demanding. We've had to in order to source for the resources." Suguru responded.

The meeting was going nowhere in Ayumi's eyes.

"How much of the price can we cut off?" She asked. Suguru and Satoru looked at each other, and then to their accountant they brought. "Remember, this is a 2 plant contract." She reminded, hoping they would understand.

"Whatever you agree on will be doubled." Nanami finished the reminder.

"Because our companies have been on great terms for so long, we can manage to knock it down by 15%." The accountant, Haibara, stated as he shyly looked at Ayumi.

"That's still too much." Nanami admitted as he looked at his sheet in front of him. "The materials aren't the only thing we need to be concerned about here."

"I can probably get a 20% discount approved, but that's stretching it."

"20% is too much, we won't be able to do that." Satoru added.

"I'll tell you what." Ayumi sighed, gaining the room's attention again. "Then we don't sign the contract with you." She shrugged. "I have another construction company's offer on my desk for a combination of materials, labor, and they would be able to do it in half the time." She looked to Nanami, who was trying to hide his smirk. "He's been waiting for my call."

"He offered the same price but with a 40% discount too for first time work." Nanami added.

"Oh and they're going to paint, right?" Nanami nodded and wrote a note down.

"Ieiri." Her brow rose as she looked at Satoru. "I can't say for certain, but I can probably get the rate for before."

"Oh?"