Prepare Thy Self

The gang, minus Charlie, are sitting in the hotel's lunge. Jake is cleaning his revolver, Sally.

Niffty looks over Vaggie. "So, like, where are your wings?"

Vaggie turns to Nifty. "Niffty, I don't have--"

Angel Dust then interrupts. "Did you ever think maybe she's sensitive about her lack of wings, just like her lack of tits?"

Jake chokes on the coffee he was sipping, he coughs a few times. "That wassssss Bricky to talk about a woman's Cat-heads."

Angel just shrugs.

Niffty tugs at Vaggie's shirt. "Yeah. Where are your tits?"

Vaggie grabs Nifty's hand and lifts her up, as she glares at the maid and sighs. "Any other questions?"

"I got one." Husk speaks up. "How come every time Charlie talks to Heaven we get in deeper and deeper shit?" He points at Jake. "You're supposed to prevent that!"

Jake rolls his eyes and puts Sally away, then mumbles as he sips on his coffee. "I don't get paid enough for this."

"It's not her fault." Vaggie replies to Husk. "Angels are just--"

"Ratbagssssss?" Jake says.

"Lairs." Angel adds.

"...difficult." Vaggie finishes."But Charlie's trying her best."

"Yeah, well, her best is turning out real well so far." Husk points out as he walks off.

Angel Dust looks around. "And where is miss fearless leader anyway? Isn't it about time for another 'doomed-to-fail' plan?"

"She's upstairs." Vaggie informs. "Coming up with something, I'm sure, in our room. Alone."

Alastor and Jake glance at each other. The snake motions upwards and Alastor gains a sinister smile The deer demon vanishes into black smoke.

Angel turns to Jake. "Ya know, you don't seemed worried about this at all."

Jake gives the spider demon a side glance. "Why would I worry about something like this?"

"Um, because we're all gonna die."

Jake just shrugs his shoulders. "I don't see the problem."

Angel stares at Jake with a 'Really' look.

Upstairs Charlie is in her bed under her covers softly crying. While Razzle and Dazzle comfort her with tissues.

Alastor reappears in her room and approaches her bedside. "Oh, Charlie, you look an absolute mess."

Charlie glares at Alastor, then covers her face with the blanket. "Ugh, go away, Alastor."

Alastor sits down on the bed beside her. "Now, now, is that anyway to act after picking a fight with all of Heaven and dooming everyone you love?"

Charlie emerges from the covers. "I have enough on my mind without hearing your sadistic idea of a joke, asshole." She rolls over and covers her self again, giving Alastor a side-eyed glare.

But Alastor appears laying in front of her. "Who's joking?"

Charlie scared, jumps and falls off the bed.

Alastor props himself up. "You have a captive audience downstairs waiting to hear what kind of inspiring performance you have planned next?"

Charlie kneels on the ground leaning against her bed. "Ugh, I can't." She sits against the side of her bed. "How can I face them after failing them all so hard? They came here to be saved and all I gave them was more pain."