New Friends

"Let's go through the alley." He says turning towards it.

The sound of a car filling the air.

"Agh. It's that fucking truck." Ellie whispers.

"It's alright just keep your head down." Joel says calmly.

The closer we got to it I could hear one of them counting, making me confused and curious.

We all crouch down as we head towards a nearby building. Joel looked back to make sure we were close to him.

Him nodding then jumping up to climb into a broken out window. Both me and Ellie followed behind him.

Us quickly hid behind a vending machine with the two men talking just in the other room.

"Try twenty-five." One of the men says, making my stomach turn. Were they talking about how many people they killed?

"You have twenty-five cans of bacon?" The other one asks. I snap my hand up to cover my mouth to keep myself from laughing.

Joel and Ellie looked at me like I lost my mind. I'm sure I have. I have to bite my lip to keep from giggling.

Joel's eyes grow bigger, telling me to get my act together. I nod my head taking a breath pushing down the giggles as I pull my knife out. Ellie doing the same.

Shaking his head he eases around the wall peeking around it. I do the same, only lift my head over the half wall to see the truck we just heard parked in the street. I wrinkle my nose up at the dead man tied to the front of it.

A moving tank like gun on the top of it.

Ducking back down I tap on Joel's shoulder, him ignoring me. Sighing I do it again him spinning around not hiding the aggravation on his face.

I point over the wall, glad when he gets my meaning, him peeking over it and crouching back down next to me.

Holding his gun close to his chest he looks at me with his eyes once again asking me if I'm serious.

I shrug, asking him what we are going to do with just my face.

Closing his eyes he takes a breath and holds his hand up, telling me to give him a moment to think.

Opening his eyes he looks at me, swirling his finger around telling me we would go around them.

I lift my knife up and fake stab the air asking if we are killing anyone.

His wrinkles his brow and shrugs.

'Oh great.' I think, knowing he doesn't have a plan.

Jerking his head towards the door at the far end of the room I nod, holding my hand out as if to say after you.

Nodding he moves knowing I will follow him. That's exactly what I do. What both me and Ellie do. We stayed close to him heading outside trying to get around them. Joel strangled one we couldn't sneak around.

I don't know what it was but when a round of bullets started flying through the air I slapped myself into a nearby car.

"What the fuck are they shooting at us with?" Ellie screams, over the finding of gun fire. Her crouched next to me.

"Some kind of military turret, just stay down!" Joel yells back, him jumping behind a car a few feet from us.

The popping sounds fill the air as we look over at each other.

"Were penned down, where are we gonna go?" I ask, hearing the bullets hit the car.

"They're gonna have to take a break and reload. We will move then!" He yells.