Go Down Swinging.

I walk up the ramp of in the garage some soft of workbench right next to the door.

"Whatcha got?" Joel says standing next to me.

"Thought I would take the moment to check over everything I got."

"You mind if I join you?"

I shake my head and smile at him. I pull everything out of my backpack and make a mental note that I need more water.

"Give me that." Joel says pointing at the pair of pliers next to my hand.

Picking them up I hand them to him curious as why he would need them. Pulling the revolver from his waistband I watch him take it apart and put it back together. I get lost in watching his hands fix the handle.

"Are we gonna go?" Tess asks popping the bubble I was in.

Looking over my shoulder I see her and Ellie standing, waiting on us.

"I'm ready." I say slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

"We don't have all day ya know?" She says opening the door next to us and going threw it.

"Well forgive me for wanting to know exactly what I had."

"You can do that when the job is done."

I roll my eyes and follow Joel up a fallen floor us going a floor higher. It doesn't take long realize we are in some kind of museum.

"Ooo look dead guys that no one cares about anymore." I say looking at a large painting of the revolutionary war.

"Who are those guys?" Ellie asks.

"Like she says people no one cares about. Let's go." Joel says walking into the next room.

I smile and roll my eyes following the group.

"Aw shit." Joel says when the wall is caved in.

"No way around?" I ask looking up at him.

"Give me a minute." He says walking around the corner.

"Over here."

"Yeah because that's safe." I say looking at he hole he is about to crawl in.

"Shut up and just go." Tess says.

"Yes ma'am." I say getting on my hands and knees to crawl thru the debris.

"Now what cowboy?" I ask when we reach a large beam blocking the door.

"Watch your heads."

Huffing he grabs the wooden beam and with a grunt starts to lift it. Pushing down my shock I quickly go under it, it opening up into the other room.

"Hurry, go, go, go!" He says groans Tess and Ellie following me.

"Shit, sonof-." Joel yells as the clutter over him starts to cave in.

"Joel!" I scream spinning around trying to see him.

"I'm alive." He calls back coughing.

"I'll make my way around you."

"Look they're here!" Tess yells clicking noises coming from the hallway.

"Trish?" I hear Joel yell but I don't have time to answer having to run from the infected chasing us.

I follow Ellie and Tess hoping Joel makes it out okay.

"Up here." Tess says running up the steps.

"Go ahead I'll catch up." I tell her grabbing the bottle from my backpack.

"What are you doing?" She asks me glaring.