Letters

Dear Glory,

This is Tsunami from the Sea Kingdom. I know I don't usually send letters (why should I?) but I have some important news. Guess what? Me and Riptide are going to be parents! So I'll leave this news bomb here and hope your reaction is hilarious.

Bye!

Tsunami 

---

Dear Sunny, 

Tsunami here. I know you are going to FREAK OUT over this "boat" or whatever. But I'm pregnant! Surprise. Apologies in advance to whoever is near you when you read this, because the sunny shriek is real. 

Later,

Tsunami. 

---

Dear Starflight, 

Congrats on your engagement!  (this is Tsunami by the way) I'll keep this concise and basic since Fatespeaker is going to be reading this to you. Hi Fatespeaker! Me and Riptide are having a dragonet! Yay! Can't wait to see you at JMA next year. 

Bye,

Tsunami 

--- 

Hi, Clay. 

This is Tsunami writing to you from the Sea Kingdom with important news. I'm pregnant! Tell Peril I said hi. How's she doing? Do you know if your dragonet is a girl or a boy? Can she tell? I'll stop with the questions. Write back soon!

Tsunami :) 

--- 

In the rainforest... 

"Queen Glory, a letter," a messenger handed glory a folded piece of paper. 

"Thank you, Blossom." She dismissed the lavender scaled messenger. 

She unfolded the letter and began to read. Halfway through, she jumped up. 

"WHAT?!?" 

Deathbringer ran forward from his position. "Glory, what is it?" 

"Big news. Very big."

Meanwhile, in the desert... 

A loud shriek echoed throughout the stronghold. Six-claws, Thorn and several guards rushed to the source, where Sunny was standing in the courtyard, holding a piece of paper, eyes wide and mouth open from screaming. 

"GUYS.." she turned to her mother and Six-Claws, "GUYS!!!!!!! MY SHIP HAS SAILED!!!!" 

In Jade Mountain...

Starflight was calmly placing the last scroll on the shelf in the library(he was ready for the next year of students months early) when Fatespeaker ran over to him.

"There's a letter from Glory," she said. "I'll read it out loud." 

Starflight smiled and walked over to her. Fatespeaker scanned the letter and her eyes widened. "Starflight. You are NOT going to believe this." 

In a little bay by the ocean, Mud Kingdom. 

"Clayyyy! Come on, you've been decorating the little dragonets' cave for so long now! The egg hasn't hatched yet," Peril called. Silence. "Clay?" She walked from her raised rock by the ocean to the little cave where they lived. Clay sat inside, holding a piece of paper, mouth wide open.

"Um.. Clay?"

He looked up. "...Tsunami...pregnant?" 

A few weeks later, Sea Kingdom

"Riptide!" Tsunami called. "We need to get to the mainland before my friends arrive, come on!"

"Coming!" He rushed over. "Are you sure you're okay to fly? You know the egg could come any time!"

"I know. But I know when she's going to come. And it's not today."

"She?" Riptide questioned. 

Tsunami smiled. "Let's go already, squidbrain." 

Riptide and Tsunami took off, grinning at each other. They were on their way to the mainland, south Sea Kingdom where Clay and Peril were flying a short distance from their cave, Sunny and Mirage were flying from the stronghold, Starflight and Fatespeaker all the way from JMA and Glory and Deathbringer from the Rainforest. Tsunami hadn't seen her friends since before she sent the letters and was prepared to be tackled by Sunny. When they arrived at the meeting point, just west of the scavenger den in between the Mud and Sea Kingdoms, Tsunami and Riptide touched down. 

They cooled off in the water for a bit and soon enough a large Mudwing and a red dragon with smoke coming off of their scales came into sight in the distance. The Mudwing had a woven pouch around his abdomen with a small maroon egg nestled in it. 

Clay and Peril landed a distance from Tsunami and they ran to meet each other.

"Tsunami!!" Clay exclaimed when they reached each other. "Congrats!!" He nudged her with his snout. "You're going to be a great mom." 

"Thanks, Clay. And you're going to be a great dad." She patted the egg in the pouch and turned to Peril. "Boy or girl? Can you tell?" 

Peril smiled and pulled back more of the pouch so she could lift it, revealing the immense size. "Twins!" She said proudly. 

Tsunami gasped. "Congratulations!" 

Just then Glory and Deathbringer landed behind them. "Hey, Tsunami," Glory said. "Heard some poor dragonet has to deal with your wrath." She smirked. 

Tsunami whacked her with her blue tail. "Watch it," she said, but nudged her shoulder into Glory's affectionately. 

"Congratulations, Tsunami," Deathbringer said from behind Glory. "And here come more dragons now," He pointed his wing to two black silhouettes, one slightly guiding the other. 

"Starflight!" Tsunami said when he landed. "Good to see you!"

"Statistically given your intelligence, toughness and resilience you will make a great mother yet you have a lack of patience. Riptide makes up for that though. Congratulations, Tsunami."

Tsunami wrinkled her nose. "Or..not." 

They chatted about parenting for a while, Clay and Peril talked about how excited they were to have twins, and Glory and Deathbringer said that they might want to have dragonets someday, not too far in the future, and Fatespeaker said it would be awesome to have a mini-her. 

After a while, they heard a faint sound in the distance. Tsunami turned her head and sure enough, there were two, tiny, tiny specks on the horizon, one barreling towards them, emitting the shrieking noise (which got louder and louder) and one trying to keep up. 

"eeeeeEEEEEEEE!!!!" It got louder and louder until Sunny finally crashed straight into Tsunami, tackling her with a hug. "MY SHIP!"

Tsunami fell to the ground under the tiny yet surprisingly strong dragon. Once she had pried Sunny off, Mirage landed beside her. 

"Mirage, isn't it GREAT?!" Sunny exclaimed to her wife. 

OKAY intervention because this probably makes no sense, Mirage is my OC- She is a sandwing-seawing hybrid and there will be a backstory part on how they met in a little bit, but basically, she was flying over the stronghold and got injured, sunny offered to help, the rest is history :). 

The hybrid smiled. "Yup." Mirage was of few words but Sunny made up for it, and they loved each other. 

After about half an hour of Sunny bombaring Tsunami with questions, Glory spoke up.

"Um, I have something to say? We both do," she looked to Deathbringer, who nodded. "I.. am also going to be a mom.. so.. yeah." 

There was silence. Then Sunny's eyes widened, and she fainted to the ground, Mirage barely able to catch her. 

"Well..." Tsunami said. "Good job, Glory. You might have just killed Sunny." 

What do you guys think of the story so far??