02

Devale

"Daddy thank you for my birthday gift

"Daddy thank you for my birthday gift." Jayla said to me over the phone.

"You're welcome. I can't wait to see you." I said smiling widely at my daughters pretty face.

It's been way too long since I've seen Jayla. I feel like a deadbeat when it comes to her. Lauren is constantly moving around making it hard for me to get to see her. Sometimes, I think about letting her stay with me for the entire summer. Crystal wouldn't mind. But, we don't have help and I'm going back to work.

"One more week and it's our time together." Jayla says smiling.

"Yeah it's our time." I said laughing. "I miss you so much, you're getting so big."

I love being a father but I don't love watching my kids grow up

I love being a father but I don't love watching my kids grow up. Even, Terrell, he's thirteen and practically a man. Luckily there are still 3 babies in my house. DJ is little kid but he's still my baby boy.

I've missed most of Jayla's life and she's my first born. I just don't want her to resent me when she is older.

"Alright boog, say bye to daddy." Lauren said popping up in the camera.

"No five more minutes!" Jayla argued.

"You have pictures babe." Lauren reminded her.

She sighed and looked at the camera.

"Bye daddy." She said softly.

"We can talk tonight before you go to bed okay?" I suggest.

Jayla looked and nodded happily.

"I love you princess." I said trying not to sound sad.

"Love you too daddy, bye."