chapter 5 (SA warning)

I woke up from the sudden stop of the car.
"Woah there mom, a little harsh on the brakes" Alex laughs. His mom laughs too and we all get out. We head to the front part of the mall and enter. It's huge, absolutely huge.
"Woah..." I say looking up, down, and all around. Alex grabs my side and asks "You wanna head off to the bathroom and I meet you there?" I  get flustered feeling his hands on my sides. I nod yes and head to the restrooms. Alex stays behind for a moment and and tells his mom we're gonna go explore for a bit.
  I get the the restroom and wait for Alex.
"Hey babes" Alex says as he walks behind me and kissed my neck.
"Hey, you ready?" I ask nervous as if it's my first time. I mean it is my first time in the mall in a bathroom.  I'm honestly scared to get caught. But oh well. We walk into the bathroom and instantly someone else walks in causing us to loose our motivation. We get cold feet and just go to the bathroom and walk out.
"Well never mind on that, walk around and view the stores?" Alex asks me in a laughing tone. I nod and we walk around holding hands. He makes me happy inside and out. We go to the first store, Peppers. It has small trinkets and cool nick-nacks.
"Look at this one" I say pointing to a miniature cat statue.
"Its adorable" Alex says picking it up to fully admire it. He sets it down and we head onto other stores. We stop and laugh at a few items and bond over others. It was honestly enjoyable. Eventually we had to head back to the car since Alex's mom called him saying she's ready. We head back to the car and head back to his house.
"Susan can you drop me off at home?" I ask Alex's mom when we got into town.
"Of course sweetie tell me the directions!" She says happily. I tell her the road and I'm home before I knew it. Honestly not happy but it is what it is. I walk into the house and instantly my mom yelled at me.
"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MORNING? YOU TOLD ME YOU'D BE HOME AT TWELVE!" My mom yelled and charged at me hitting me in the face. I got knocked to the ground and began to panic. I couldn't show how I felt or I would be beaten more.
"I was with-" I got interrupted by my mother slapping me in the face before saying "HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO BE HOME AT A CERTAIN TIME AND YOU COME HOME LATE. I WANT TO GO OUT TOO YOU SELFISH PRICK! GO TO YOUR FUCKING ROOM"
I make my way to my room silently. I shut the door slowly to not make a sound. My mom's changed and I don't know why. Granted she does go out a bunch with other druggie. I just don't understand why she has so much anger. She used to be happy. We used to walk around town when I was little. She actually cared about me.
-----------------------next day-----------------------
I woke up and headed to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw the damage my mom caused me, a black eye. I had to head to school so I tried to cover it up as much as I could. It wasn't looking great but better than before. I walked outside and saw Kara waiting for me. She's my ultimate best friend. We've known eachother since elementary and we've stayed close. I tell her everything basically.
"So how was your 'date' with Alex?" Kara asked excited.
"It was good.." I say blushing "but it's not a date Kara, me and Alex are not together."
"Well with how much you fuck one another you should be." She says rolling her eyes. Patrik joins in on the conversation "You should ask him out Emerson! Make the move, he might find it sexy"
"Guys calm down, I don't wanna date-" I get cut off
"I swear to God Emerson if you say you don't want to date Alex I'm kicking you out." Kara says glaring at me in a joking manner. I just place my head into my hands. Why does this have to be so complicated?
"Look I'll ask him out eventually or maybe he's waiting for the time to ask me. Just give it time guys it's just been a couple months." I try to convince them it's not too bad. I like Alex a lot and he's nice and all but I don't want to be over bearing.
"Fine" Kara and Patrik say in unison. Kara is an Asian teenage girl with long black hair and is 5'10. She's cheerful and outgoing. While Patrik is 5'6 and he's a twig. He has dirty blond hair and is growing facial hair. It's not that good looking but it's okay. We get to school and I'm so excited to see Alex. I walk in and this seemingly new kid bumps into me.
"Shit sorry guy!" The new kid says. He knocked everything out of my hands and honestly annoyed me.
"Its okay" I say grabbing the papers. He leans down and helps me.
"Here," He says handing me my things and nodding to signal goodbye. I walk off and meet my group consisting of Kara, Patrik and... Alex?  He's never with the group. I walk up and greet them.
"Your boy toy just walked up to us" Kara whispered to me. I nodded.
"H-Hi Alex" I say smiling and blushing a bit.
"Hey" He says looking around. He wasn't paying attention to me but some girl down the hall. I look over and see Lynn. She's the prettiest girl in our grade. I get a bit embarrassed.
"I'm going to class Alex, want to come with?" I tap on his shoulder to get his attention.
"What? Oh yeah, yeah." He says taking my hand and walking me to class. Why was he staring so intently at her? He makes me face him and gives me a kiss on the lips infront of everyone in the hall. It was embarrassing as fuck.
"Me looking at Lynn doesn't mean anything okay Em?" He says holding my face in his hands. I nod and he let me go. I turn around and go into class. Alex is honestly acting weird but still 'sweet'?
   School ends and it's time to go home. I walk to the beginning of the parking lot when Alex grabs me from behind offering to drive me home.
"Sure" I say happily following him to his car. I get in and he drives me to a block away from my house.
"Look at me." Alex says putting a hand on my face. He leans in and kisses me. We make out for a solid minute before I break it off and tell him I'll get introuble if I'm not home soon. He seemed to get a little pissy and annoyed with me. I ignored it honestly, since my mom would kill me. I get inside and see my mom has her friends over. There's two adult men and three woman including my mom. I quickly walk by and shut my door. I get changed out of my clothes and put on a more comfortable pair on. Just as I was putting my shirt on one of the guys walked in. I didn't hear him walk in until he wrapped his hands around my waist. I didn't have a shirt on so I could feel his rough dry skin on me.
"Hey hot cakes" He whispered in my ear. He was leaning in closer and began to kiss my neck.
"G-get off me!" I shove him off.
"Oh baby don't be shy. Let me give you some love." He says walking over and pushing me down. I kick him in the nuts and holler for my mom.
"MOM! GET YOUR FRIEND OUT OF-" I get cut off by the guy covering my mouth.
"Shut the fuck up kid. I've seen your childhood photos and your an attractive one. Let me ruin you baby" He says moving his hands down to my groin. I begin to feel tears forming. I hate my life. This isn't the first time. I want my mom to be her normal self again.
"Please leave me alone" I beg, "there's more action to be held out there with my mom"
"I'll be back for you kiddo. I'll show you a good time." He says tossing me down and walking out. I stay on the ground for a moment. Just as my mom walks in.
"Oh.. honey wh- whats wrong" She says cheerful. She acts happy when high as a kite but when she's coming off or is slightly sober she's a major d
"Nothing mom, go back to your friends." I say getting up and shutting the door behind her. I made sure to lock it behind me. I begin to cry and sob in my bed. Nothing could have prepared me for how my life was going to turn out. She's had so many people over and majority of them try to come onto me. I've never been fully 'r-worded' before just touched all around. I wish I could leave honestly but I have no cash. I end up calling Kara.
"Hey Kara." I say sniffling
"Babes what happened?" Kara asked worried
"The guy came onto me again and said he'd be back to finish it off..." I say beginning to cry to her.
"Emerson, get out of there now. Come to my house and stay the whole week. Hell you can live here if you need." Kara's asked her parents before and they have multiple spare rooms. They're rich rich.
"I'll tell my mom I'm going over and staying the week and we'll go from there. Thank you Kara."
"No problem babes your life matters. Plus you shouldn't live in that Crack house." She says hanging up. She comes and drives to pick me up. I pack my things and tell my mom I'm leaving for a while. She's still high so she accepts it without an argument. I walk out just as I was grabbed by the same man.
"Awww leaving so soon baby?" He says attempting to pull me back into the house. Just as Kara got out and smacked the man.
"Leave him alone you old wrinkly bitch." Kara grabs me and we get into her car and leave for her house.