Chapter 4: Tearful moments

In the next morning Granny woke up early and we went to the hospital where she was with other family members. Many people were crying hard but for sure I didn't know what was really going on that moment at the hospital. “Ma, you're here”. Ivy said. “Yeah, and what did she say before dying?” Granny asked. “She called you 3 times and she passed away”. Ivy replied. “Oh I'm so sad that I wasn't there”. Granny cried. “No ma, I'm sure that she alright. Ivy said. “Yeah let me hope so.” Granny said. So, after that went to bury her  but while we were heading back home I saw someone who is familiar.“ Granny who is this?” I asked. “He is your dad sweetie.” She replied. “My dad??”l asked again. “Yeah he's your dad.” She also replied.“ But I didn't see him before.” I complained. “It's because you were young.” She said. “Hello ma.” Dad said. “Hello Dave , how are you?” Granny asked. “I'm fine. Ma I'm really sorry for what happened, sorry I wasn't there, l....” He didn't finish his words. “Stop Dave, it's okay. I know you are feeling guilty that you wasn't there, but I wasn't there also , please stop being like that.” Granny said. “But granny where's mom?” I asked . “Oh sweetie mom has gone far but she will come back soon.” She replied.

Dad used to come in those days but sometimes he would come with another woman and I used to see brown women as my mom so I used to call her mom because she was also brown. I started loving dad so much but I loved Granny 2 times than how I loved dad. The reason why I loved dad is that the used to bring me yoghurt and I loved them so  much. I used to drink milk but a time came and I started having pimples of milk on my whole body which would later become wounds. But the sad thing is that during all those days I was struggling with my granny dad didn't show up again until one day.