Chapter 27

"areum! hey!" some of the guys shouted as you entered, and jeongin came up to give you a quick side hug.

"hey, guys." you chuckle, finding a place on the floor.

"oh, no. you get the couch." changbin stated, scooting over a little to make a little more room. "oh, okay.. thanks!" you muttered as you got up, sitting next to him, chan taking a seat on the other side of you.

you noticed an ashtray on a side table, with a few burnt out cigarettes placed on it, as well as jisung on the couch across from you with a beer in hand, as well as hyunjin and minho.

your attention stayed focused on the ashtray for a second, as you never noticed any of them smoked. "it's mostly from the parties." chan whispered to you, and you snap your head in his direction, confused as to what he was talking about.

"huh?" you said, eyes trained on his. "the ashtrays. jisung and hyunjin are the only ones that smoke sometimes, but it's mostly for the parties." he stated, and you nod in your head in understanding.

"i've noticed they also drink?"

"we all do that."

"oh."

"i mean, that's what we'll be doing tonight while clubbing too, not that you also have to though. i can avoid drinking too if you want." he said, everyone else lost in conversation, cracking jokes or turning on some random music video on the tv.

"no that's okay, chan. i can be the driver or something." you chuckled at him, waving him off.

"not after today, you're not." he laughed, earning a glare from you.

"stop giving me shit about it!" you pout.

"areum, how tall are you?" changbin suddenly asks, eyes trained on you as he waited for your answer.

"uhh, about 5'3 or something like that... why?" you turn your head to look at him.

"see? i'm NOT the shortest one here!" he pouted at hyunjin, flailing his arms around.

"i was supposed to be 5'7." you smirk at him.

"why supposed to be..?" he asked in confusion.

"i don't know, that's what the doctor estimated when i was a baby, and my whole time growing up.. plus i was always taller than everyone growing up, up until 7th grade when i just stopped growing." you pout.

"ha! one thing you can't brag about~" hyunjin teased again.

"do you wanna get beat the fuck up?!" changbin shouted, now sitting on the edge of the couch, ready to jump up. you just laughed as you watched them continue their bickering.

"were you actually?" chan turns to you, his eyebrows furrowed.

"i for real was, i don't know what happened. guess i should've ate more." you shrugged, earning a chuckle from him. "that's too bad, you could've been my height." he gave you a teasingly pouty look.

"shut up." you roll your eyes, but couldn't help the smile that creeped up on your face.

-

you had just woken up from an hour and a half long nap in your designated guest room, as you have been really tired lately.

you quickly pat your hair down, and head out of the room to walk down the stairs, still feeling tired as shit. as you walk into the kitchen, you find changbin and jisung at the island, playing an intense game of what looked like to be battleship.

"okay... f six.." jisung stated, eyes slightly squinting as he focused on the board in front of him.

"miss!" changbin shouted with a smirk on his face. "fuck!" jisung shouted, slamming the counter, earning a laugh from changbin. you watched as he placed the white peg in the coordinate he previously stated before coming up to them.

"oh, hey areum, wanna join us?" changbin asked with a smile as he watched you come into line of sight.

"wouldn't recommend." jisung said with a pout and his arms crossed, not looking at you. he's almost like an oversized child... you thought to yourself.

"um, no thanks." you wave him off dismissively, earning a nod from him. "but do you happen to have any energy drinks? or coffee or something.." you mumbled, pulling your lips into a thin line as you felt bad for asking.

"i mean... we have some in the back of the fridge since nobody even ever drinks them, so help yourself!" he said cheerfully, averting his focus back onto the game before him.

"thanks, and sorry for asking, i'm just really tired." you stated, pulling one from the fridge and popping the tab open.

"nah, it's all good, we don't really drink them anyway, so i'm more happy it's not a complete waste of money." he stated. you nod as you sit on the stool next to jisung, peeking at his board. "wow, he really has got you beat." you chuckle at him, earning a glare from him.

"only for the FOURTH TIME IN A ROW." he shouted, earning a laugh from you and changbin.

"okay, my turn!" changbin said, now searching for a coordinate on his own board. "hmm... h six." your eyes widened as jisung's jaw dropped, as you could see it was a hit.

"fucking hit!" jisung yelled angrily, placing the red peg on the little plastic boat.

"damn! that's like, all of your boats.." you said with an amused expression, as you see changbin do a little victory dance. "i got you narrowed down now, buddy!" changbin teased.

"you HAVE to be cheating. i fucking quit!" jisung yelled, earning a gasp from you as he flipped the whole board over, all of the little pegs rolling across the island, some falling on the floor.

"looks like i win." changbin stated, eyebrows raised at the mess.

"i'll help you clean this up..." you mutter, already picking up the board and flipping it over to the right side.