Chapter 15

Thea was lost in thoughts as she waited for Killian at the Bubble Tea Shop. She sipped on her bubble tea and was snapped out of deep thought when someone took the seat across from her. She looked up and her face lit up.

"Hi,"

Killian smiled at her,
"Hey, beautiful,"

Killian leaned out of his chair and placed a lingering kiss on her cheek that she knew made her cheeks turn a shade of red.
"It amazes me how we've been dating for a few months and you still get shy by my kisses."

"You don't have to point it out." Now she was embarrassed,

Killian chuckled at how cute she looked, but his smile faded as he remembered why they were there.
"So,"

"So," Thea teased with a lingering smile,

"Summer break."

Thea's smile slowly disappeared and she breathed deeply.

"Why didn't you just tell me you had other plans?" Killian said, "I got my hopes up about spending more time with you."

"I'm sorry," Thea felt bad and disappointed in herself for not communicating better, "I just...there was a lot on my mind, you know, with my mum. I felt this need to prove myself and push myself."

Killian wanted to tell her she didn't need to prove herself to anyone, but he didn't want to interrupt her now that he'd gotten her to open up.

"I don't think I've mentioned this before, but the Tacoma Art Museum was my second choice." She said, "I desperately wanted to get a job at the American Art Company."

"You never told me that,"

"I just wanted to forget about it as soon as I read the first line of the email," Thea paused, "But it got me thinking that I have close to a year of experience with TAM. Maybe, I can try applying again."

Killian smiled and he nodded in understanding as he did the math,
"You have three months to complete a year,"

Thea nodded,
"And I don't want to have to sit through another interview only to tell them that I took a break from work in the Summer."

Killian inhaled deeply and exhaled softly,
"I understand. As long as I still get to see you as often as possible."

Thea's smile was small, but it was there,
"You can't get rid of me that easily,"

Killian smiled and reached for her hand,
"It's good to hear that,"

Thea felt bad but she squeezed his hands to reassure him,
"I will clear my weekends for you,"

Killian's smile brightened and he released the breath he was holding,
"I would love that,"

"What do you have planned for us?"

Killian shook his head,
"Not much,"

Thea grinned,
"Sounds perfect."

Killian had planned a lot of activities for them to get through the summer together, but he would have to cross most of those things off his list and reserve a few for the weekends they got to spend together.

Thea pushed her drink towards him to take a sip and she watched him lift the straw to avoid the boba.

"What do you think about my brother and your sister?"

Killian stopped drinking and looked at her from beneath his lashes before he lifted his face to focus on her,
"I don't think anything about your brother?" Killian answered slowly like he was walking on eggshells.