Chapter 2 : Close

Day 1

Wonwoo has no motivation to go to school after what happened yesterday with Mingyu.

He doesn't want to meet Mingyu, so he just closes his eyes trying to fall asleep for the whole day. 'But seriously why should I miss my studies for that piece of shit?' Wonwoo thinks to himself. 'Yeah right' he answers to himself in his mind and makes his way to wash up.

After getting ready, he makes his way to school. Not bothering to eat breakfast in this situation because he is already late for school, in fact already missed the first class.

He arrives in front of the school gate and greets the security guard. The security guard immediately stands up when he saw wonwoo who usually comes early to school.

"Oh Jeon Wonwoo, why are you late today?" The security guard asks as he opens the gate for Wonwoo.

"I overslept" Wonwoo smiles awkwardly.

"Well the penalty is waiting for you, Wonwoo" the security guard gives him one last smile gesturing Wonwoo the way to the school field where the physic class take place.

Wonwoo nods before making his way to the field. Once he gets there, he puts down his bag and started running 10 laps.

And one particular person saw Wonwoo running the laps from the window and he immediately raises his hands.

"May I go to the restroom?"

"Make it quick, Mingyu" the teacher replies to him.

Then Mingyu walks out of the classroom, grabbing a drink from the cafeteria and make his way straight to the field.

Wonwoo has finished his 10 laps and is totally defeated. He lays down on the grass near the sand field.

And that's when he felt a figure beside him, handing him a bottle which seems to be a fruit juice.

Wonwoo opens his eyes and take a sneak peak at the taller male, crouching down beside him.

"Why are you here?" Wonwoo asks, words coming out between his tired pants.

"To look at Mr Smartass who usually skip physic class, run his ass off." Mingyu replies before sitting down next to a tired Wonwoo.

"Anyways, drink this or I'm afraid you might actually faint" Mingyu says before putting the drink he bought in the older's hands.

Wonwoo sits up and opens the bottle, chunking down the drink until the last drop. Then he wipes the sweat on his forehead.

"Why are you late?" Mingyu asks the glasses guy beside him.

"Overslept" Wonwoo coldy stated.

"Mhmmm, Jun was sad he didn't got a grape juice this morning." Mingyu shares the news to Wonwoo which makes him looks up at Mingyu with the 'are you being fr' look.

"Really?" Wonwoo asks him, hoping Mingyu is not just saying that to see his reaction.

"Yes, he whined about it to me this morning of how you must've loosen interest" Mingyu explains.

"Oh" now Wonwoo feels bad.

"Anyways, what are you still doing here? You missed two classes."

'Oh right' Wonwoo immediately picks up his bag and makes his way to the school building with Mingyu following him closely, from behind.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔゝ

Lunch bell rings and students come out of their classrooms with their own friend groups.