Neji vs Kiba

Following Choji's defeat, Team 10 regrouped in the stands. As they watched Choji come back Asuma, Shikamaru, and Ino couldn't help but feel impressed by the tenacity he had shown against a formidable opponent like Akatsuchi.

As Choji approached, trying to mask his exhaustion with a forced smile, Ino was the first to break the silence. "Choji, you were amazing out there! I honestly didn't know you had it in you to fight like that."

Choji looked a bit embarrassed but pleased by the compliment. "Thanks, Ino. I just did what I had to do."

Shikamaru, hands in his pockets, glanced over with his usual lazy gaze but with a small, approving nod. "Yeah, you did more than just 'do what you had to do.' Honestly, I always knew you had the potential. It seems like the only thing that can really motivate you is the promise of a good meal afterward, though."

The group chuckled together, lightening the mood after the intense battle. Choji, not missing a beat, grinned and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, you're not wrong there, Shikamaru. Thinking about that barbeque Sensei promised did give me an extra push!"

Asuma, standing a bit to the side with his arms crossed, smiled warmly at his student. The pride evident in his voice, he added, "You should be proud . Choji, you showed great courage and strength. That's what being a shinobi is all about. Each battle, win or lose, makes you stronger."

"Thanks Sensei" Choji

Kurenai smiled warmly at Choji as they approached. "That was a tough match, Choji. You showed impressive resilience out there. Well done."

Kiba, ever the boisterous one, punched Choji lightly on the shoulder, a big grin on his face. "Yeah, man, you were like a wild beast! That move when you almost turned the tables was awesome! You really gave him a run for his money."

Hinata, with her gentle demeanor, nodded in agreement, her voice soft but encouraging. "You were very strong, Choji-kun. Your fighting spirit... it was inspiring to watch. You've grown so much."

Shino, typically reserved and always observing, added in his low, even tone, "Indeed, your tactical use of the Expansion Jutsu under pressure was quite effective. It's clear you've been working hard on your techniques."

The members of Team 10 listened to the praises from Team 8, visibly brightening Choji's spirits. His earlier disappointment began to fade as the affirmation from his peers sunk in, reinforcing the sense of accomplishment he felt despite the loss.

Ino, seeing the effect the encouragement had on Choji, spoke up, playfully nudging him. "See, Choji? What did we tell you? Everyone thinks you did great!"

Choji, finally allowing himself a broad smile, looked around at all his friends and teammates, feeling a renewed sense of pride and motivation. "Thanks, everyone. I guess I did okay, huh? Next time, I'll do even better!"

Hiruzen Sarutobi, the venerable Third Hokage, sat perched high above the arena, his keen eyes following every movement in the match between Choji Akimichi and Akatsuchi from the Hidden Stone. As the dust settled and the crowd's cheers ebbed away, he leaned back in his seat, thoughtful, his gaze lingering on the field below.

Choji" Hiruzen mused silently, you've certainly surpassed what many expected of you today. To think, the gentle boy who once hesitated to hurt a fly has now grown into a shinobi who can stand his ground in the face of daunting strength. You've shown not just physical growth but a commendable increase in courage and determination.

His thoughts turned then to Akatsuchi, observing the Hidden Stone shinobi as he accepted his victory with humility. And you, Akatsuchi, have proven yourself to be a formidable opponent. Your control over Earth Release and your tactics were remarkable. It's clear you've been well-trained. Iwa should be proud to have such a shinobi among their ranks.