004 - Bargaining

Viserra felt like the leader of an army walking around with a trail after her.

4 women and 1 man.

All dedicated to her.

She stormed around the castle and into the council whilst in session.

"Viserra, darling what are you doing here" Alicent questioned.

"Let me marry anyone, anyone else but that...THING!" She yelled out.

"Ladies, ser wilmont... your are dismissed" Otto grumbled which sent all 5 of them packing.

"Come, sit my dear" Viserys shouted with a confused look in his face.

Viserra was determined to look confident and professional but in the grand scheme of things, she was 13 sat infront of the Royal council.

"What troubles you, my dear Viserra" Viserys placed a hand on Viserra's shoulder.

"This marriage. I-I do not wish to m-marry Prince Aegon" her voice began to shake as all eyes were on her.

"And who would you wish to marry instead if not the brave young Aegon?" Otto questioned.

"T-the Prince Aemond.." Viserra replied with false confidence.

The room broke out in whispers and Rhaenyra sswung the doors open.

"Viserra darling you need to leave, council is in session" She walked over to her daughter and pulled the chair back.

Viserra stood up and followed her mother out the room.

"My child, I wish I could let you marry for love I do but....it is the only way to stop or atleast delay war." Rhaenyra held her daughters cheek.

"I do not care if the realm goes to war, I would rather gouge out my own eyes than marry the village idiot." Viserra mumbled as tears weld up in her eyes.

"I know, I know" Rhaenyra embraced her daughter closely.

"All you have to do is sire him 1 heir and 1 spare and that is it" Rhaenyra spoke softly.

"It's for the good of the realm" she said.

"If I have to marry a Prince why can I not marry Aemond?! He is sweet, kind, brave, caring- he- he's well read, can speak high val-" Viserra let tears stream down her face as she describe her love as he was one of the gods.

Rhaenyra sighed and kissed her daughters forehead before walking away.

Leaving Viserra stood outside the door sobbing.

-----

Just before the council finished discussing politics ,or whatever those decrepit creatures speak about, Princess Viserra rushed back to her quarters but as her hand hung over the door nob.

She just wanted to go to sleep despite it being the afternoon but instead she decided she was to ask her ladies in waiting for advice.

A young boy holding a pile of books walked by her.

"Excuse me! Could you fetch my ladies in waiting please young boy" Viserra asked the child.

"Yes my princess..I just have to fetch books for the Princess Helaena first if it is ok" he timidly replied

"Yes that is fine, please make haste though" she smiled at the boy no older than 10 and twisted the door nob and entered her room.

Viserra took her hair out the twisted bun it was in and sat on the edge of her bed waiting for a ladies.

-----

About 20 minutes later the 4 women stumbled in the room.

"Your grace" they said in union as they curtsied.

"None of that please. Sit girls" Viserra tapped on her bed and the women glanced hesitant looks at each other.

All except Lady Rayelya who jumped onto the bed where Viserra had told her to sit.

"What troubles you princess? I can see it in your gaze" Rayelya frowned.

"This marriage" Viserra gave an awkward smile to Rayelya and the rest of the ladies sat on the bed with the two.

"I'm sure Prince Aegon can not be that bad" Meredyth grunted with a smirk

Viserra scowled at her and Meredyth put her head down and did not speak throughout the conversation.

"What about the marriage worries you princess?" Janna queried.

"Do not act fools, you have surely seen the Prince drunkenly hobbling around the castle like a headless chicken" Viserra explained.

Lady Leanna snorted and in turn was given a deaths stare from her elder sister.

"May I speak freely, your grace" Lady Leanna asked with a concerned look on her face and the Lady Janna elbowed her.

"Leanna." Janna whispered In her ear.

"Let me do the talking" she continued.

"Yes you may, Lady Leanna" Viserra was intrigued.

"I have seen Prince Aegon acting a drunken idiot today, on more than one occasion" Leana spoke freely and blankly.

Viserra nodded as she was now VERY invested in what she was going to say.

"I do believe you deserve better, your grace but sadly we are the women, we do not get a seat at the council or even a say in who we marry or bare children to." Leanna put a hand on Viserra's shoulder, Leanna was breaking a thousand rules of protocol but she did not care.

"It is the unfortunate world we live in, princess."