012 - Swords and Stakes

This chapter will be partially from Helaena's pov and partially 3rd person or Viserra's pov.

2 months later and it is now Helaena and Daerons time to wed.

Daeron was now 14 and Helaena 15.

Helaena pov:

Me and Viserra were waking along the gardens together talking about the wedding.

I asked her what marriage with my brother was like, she claimed it was like being in a haunted house.

Except she was the ghost.

Then again she's married to Aegon, not much explanation needed.

But we both agreed Daeron would be different, he is charming and sweet and kind.

"We should go speak to Daeron" Viserra smiled and grabbed my hand, lifting it to her chest.

"Yes I suppose we should" I gave her a slight smile but inside I'm screaming.

We eventually found him practicing with his sword on a dummy.

Daeron smirked as he turned around after hearing our footsteps. “I see, you finally found me.”

"Yes we did" I looked at Viserra who had a large grin across her face.

Daeron leaned on the pillar beside him as he watched me walk towards him. My presence was apperantky captivating. He loved how I walked, the way a cat would walk. My hips swayed from left to right.

(He wished to run his tongue down them, but he controlled his thoughts)

"I wanted to see my brother before the wedding" me and Viserra unlinked arms as we stood infront of him.

“Of course.” Daeron’s hand found its way to my waist and he pulled me closer to him. He leaned into my neck and spoke softly in my ear. “I have missed you, sister.” The hand on my waist moved down to my thigh, but he decided not to go any further in public.

I tried to be mindful of Viserra as she was hinting at problems with affection with Aegon but I can tell she was missing parts out.

"Daeron!" "Cheeky " I covered my mouth and giggled before pushing him off me

"save that for tonight" Viserra laughed awkwardly as she spoke.

Daeron laughed as I pushed him off. He had not expected that, but he found it adorable. He looked over to Viserra, and smirked at her. Then his attention returned to little old me “You’re right, we have to save it for tonight. I cannot wait for later.”

My face blushed and I scrunched up my eyes and nose as my lips curl into a smirk.

I look over and see the sword on the floor and the dummy with stab wounds "Training? Am I correct?"

He nodded. “Yes. You are correct. I find comfort in the training yard. It quiets my mind. It allows me to clear my thoughts and concentrate on the task at hand.”

He picked up the sword and examined it. He smiled. “I must admit, I was enjoying my time with you before I came out here.”

"I never understood boys and swords, Aegon touches nothing but wine, Aemond reads and trains and you just....train" I inquired. Viserra becomes shifty at the mention of Aegons name, I think it was Aegon anyway.

“You would be surprised at how calming it is to hit a dummy. The sword becomes an extension of your body. You are one with the sword. Your blows are accurate, and every blow matters.”

Daeron paused for a moment and thought about our brother Aegon.

“Aegon has always had a drinking problem. It is one thing that has driven a wedge between him and I. As for Aemond, he is more like me. He finds his solace in the training yard as well.”

Viserra stared picking at her finger nails and I asked her if she felt quite alright but she ran away in a sweat.

"Is she okay?" Daeron asked.

"I'm sure she will be fine, sweaty I think" I smiled as Daeron but his hand on my lower back.

"Sweaty? Its chilly out" he laughed

"Unless she has been..with Aego-" he tried to talk but I could see it coming a Mile away and I shushed him.

Viserra pov:

The mention of Aegon and Aemond in one sentence was simply too much.

Aegon had spent every night in out bed for at most and hour and half before he sneaks out the door or even the fuckung window sometimes.

I want to bring it up but I can't bring myself too.

I'm not sure I want to know where he goes every night after dark, i fear it will do more harm then good.

And every time someone mentions Aemond it feels like a stake to the heart.

We haven't spoken since we kissed in the stairwell, infact I think I've made eye contact about 3 times.

Not only have I lost the man I love I have also lost a best friend all because I happen to be the only daughter and he happens to be the second son.

It's pure torture I think to myself as I start splashing cold water from a bucket onto my face.

But the show must go on, I must play the happy couple to the whole of Westeros tonight as its Helaena's turn to walk down the Isle.

Atleast she's happy.